• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Myriad Colors Phantom World (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Ah, they made Haru into a kid this episode. Cute.

It also gave his relationship with Mai a better chance to shine. At this point, I think every main or major supporting character got a spotlight now. I wonder what else this show has to offer? Hmm...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Cute and heart-warming...like last week's episode but even more so.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:53 pm Reply with quote
... Now that doujinshi makes sense Laughing

Definitely one of the better episodes. Even if it was solely Haruhiko/Mai.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
... Now that doujinshi makes sense Laughing

No, no, no, no... He was like 7, right? 1st grade. Yeah right, even Japan wouldn't... or maybe they would. But still, it was just a joke, right? But that's totally my thing though. Add a few years here, a few years there. I could work with that.

There's something about Mai. It's her eyes and those beauty marks. There's just something mesmorizing about 'em.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
No, no, no, no... He was like 7, right? 1st grade. Yeah right, even Japan wouldn't... or maybe they would. But still, it was just a joke, right?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Nope.

EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
. . . and those beauty marks.

Which ones? Surely you mean the one on her upper inner thigh? Laughing

I'd board the /ss/ ship but I've never been a huge fan of it. My entire thoughts during this episode was "doujins are writing themselves now." But, boy, I was wrong. They already wrote themselves.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:40 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
They already wrote themselves.

Heh. I'm assuming this particular incident was in the novels hence why there's already a doujinshi based on it.

Regarding Mai, I'm actually not particularly attracted to her. Nothing against her or anything, and she did look pretty good with her hair down this episode, but fan art and such of her (and it's mostly just her) don't light my fire any.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:45 pm Reply with quote
episode eleven

Hey! I liked this one! It feels like it's been awhile since I've really enjoyed this show. It's a bit of a shame. This episode is evidence that they can pull of interesting and meaningful singleton episodes, they just (mostly) haven't. The lack of an overarching plot has never really excused the shows tendency to be lazy.

One thing I find odd about this is that for someone who is hypothetically really close to Haruhiko, and who just had an entire episode about this, Ruru doesn't really stick with him. Maybe we're meant to assume Mai shooed her away off-camera so she didn't get any more stressed out than she already was.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Regarding Mai, I'm actually not particularly attracted to her. Nothing against her or anything, and she did look pretty good with her hair down this episode, but fan art and such of her (and it's mostly just her) don't light my fire any.

I'm more of a fan of Mai with her hair up. I agree on the fan art, most of it has been disappointing but the official art has been pretty good from what I've seen. Actually, I now have an excuse to link a fan art of her which I enjoy very much. It sort of fits with her motherliness present in this episode. Enjoy. Very Happy
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

This was actually a pretty good episode with giving us information on Haruhiko. Damn right Mai had to get child Haruhiko to wear the shiba inu pyjamas. The class' girls being taken by his cuteness was a highlight too, but the best was seeing that he is a really only lonely person and that she could fill a bit of that.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:06 pm Reply with quote
I hope Haruhiko paid Mai back all that money she spent taking care of him.

Did anyone else besides me expect him to end up sleeping with her and then becoming restored to full size when they woke up? Good for them that they didn't do that.

Also Ruru's absence is a bit puzzling. Perhaps she became distant because it wasn't the real Haruhiko there.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:16 am Reply with quote
Well, the real reason is that Ruru is an anime original character, so she never took part in the story in the first place. I guess they just didn't bother to think of an in-universe reason for her to be absent.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12:

Most serious episode yet or at least the second half. I got a weird feeling after watching it because of Haru's mom being involved and uh yeah...the way the Phantom also got involved.

That's also one OP ability, to steal others' powers. I think the limit is only one power at a time though? or if Haru or if anyone can get them back? And what happened to Ruru? I really hope the finale doesn't leave the viewers hanging....because that would really be a bummer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:08 pm Reply with quote
episode twelve

The show finally went full harem, I see. It's been sort of "harem light" (same "great" taste, less shame) for a while now but it's switched gears to commit itself to the cause.

I wonder if Haruhiko hasn't seen his mother in so long or is so desperate that he didn't notice she was different, or if one of Enigma's powers has a subtle manipulation effect. The latter would explain the comment made during dinner about her totally controlling the flow of conversation.

I guess I'm supposed to feel bad for Haruhiko for losing his power, but I'm not exactly sure why. It doesn't seem like hunting phantoms is his passion, exactly. That this might kill the Ruru is more concerning.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:42 pm Reply with quote
HelloBucket wrote:
I wonder if Haruhiko hasn't seen his mother in so long or is so desperate that he didn't notice she was different, or if one of Enigma's powers has a subtle manipulation effect. The latter would explain the comment made during dinner about her totally controlling the flow of conversation.

Considering the Phantom was inhabiting the mom's body rather than just taking her form, it had access to all her memories and such so she'd know how to act exactly like his mom.

HelloBucket wrote:
I guess I'm supposed to feel bad for Haruhiko for losing his power, but I'm not exactly sure why. It doesn't seem like hunting phantoms is his passion, exactly. That this might kill the Ruru is more concerning.

While reading your post I had a thought: Maybe Ruru was made using Haruhiko's powers? Maybe in his loneliness as a child he created a friend for himself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9