• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dimension W (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:33 am Reply with quote
Raftina wrote:
Apparently the leader of this evil mega corporation is Steve Jobs.

OK I admit it. I LOL'ed. You won the internet today.

It isn't clear to me why the Windy Prince is humbly reporting to the New Tesla board (60 strong). I thought he had his own demesnes as a robot maven in Africa or something.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:51 am Reply with quote
Of course Steve Jobs is leading the evil technology company.

I too am somewhat suspecting that there may be more of a connection between the girls beyond symbolism of being behead at some point.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing that our little robot's brain originated from data collected from a certain somebody's fiance. Kazuma wasn't there when it happened, and the fact that the "accident" just happened to occur when whatever went down at the research lab is not, I think, coincidence.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:31 am Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Interesting to hear more about Lwai's background story. Same with Salva's dream.

Action was nice with the robots and sci-fi stuff going on. My favorite part is when Kyouma drove his car straight past two armored robots like he didn't give a single fudge. Nice to see Mira play her role too. Quite an enjoyable episode. I might even re-watch this when it re-airs on Toonami.

Oh and I almost forgot, Loser is back! That just makes the arc even more interesting. Part of me actually hope they do some flashbacks about him especially since we saw a very short glimpse of Elizabeth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Galap

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
I'm guessing that our little robot's brain originated from data collected from a certain somebody's fiance. Kazuma wasn't there when it happened, and the fact that the "accident" just happened to occur when whatever went down at the research lab is not, I think, coincidence.

Yeah, that's pretty much the way things are going down. A little chiched, but kind of amusing anyway.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Salva & Lwai's past..
The island sure feels cursed.
Let the scavenger hunt begin!
It's sure not gonna be easy.
The island came to life to stop them.
All the nothingness parts are gonna be hard to pass.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:27 am Reply with quote
Episode 9:

Interesting, Funimation's Dimension W episode actually is less censored than the TV version. (from what I remember anyway)

Good episode, really liked the way the background storytelling is done about Salva. Not only that, we get to see more how Kyouma's past has connection with some of the present events. This episode also felt like a battle of Kyouma's personal demons.

Seameyer's really a diabolical character. This show also proves that science can be a very deadly force when fallen into the wrong hands. Also interesting to note about why Kyouma dislikes Mira at times, not because he finds her to be annoying but because her body structure reminds him of Miyabi (not just her by the looks of it).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Kyoma vs Loser.
That guy is full of coils..
More about Salva & Lwai.
Huh? Lwai died. How is he alive then?
Seameyer seems to be the real bad guy here.
Kyoma took a trip down memory lane..
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:03 pm Reply with quote
ookamigirl wrote:

He's a robot (Cyborg? Android?) in the present.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:11 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
ookamigirl wrote:

He's a robot (Cyborg? Android?) in the present.

That was heavy handily shown and not told during Lwai's intro episode.

Back to the episode, I kind of missed the foreshadowing (in episodes prior to this one) to our floaty ball Orichimaru-esque character, or was he narratively brought out of nowhere.

However, this does answer WHO will try to set off a chain reaction and try to void out the earth with a global coil meltdown.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Damn, this episode was awesome, loved the action ranging from Kyouma's comeback to Mira helping her friends and Loser fighting as well too. I honestly feel really bad for Kyouma at this point. He's lost another friend (Doug) and his rage at seeing Lwai's spoiler["death".]

The ending trolled me somewhat though. I honestly don't know how to feel about that....
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Ep 10
This was an "ok" episode, but when you are closing in on what should be your finale the audience is expecting a bit more than "passable".
With all the characters present it feels closer to what should of had a half cour of episodes setting up the miscellaneous mercenaries in vignettes.
An example of course BEING Loser himself, I think it makes sense for what might be his goal is this supposed Genesis object, be it simply a unique Coil or a piece of technology that makes even the dimension hopping Coils seem like toys.

Now as for KK deserving death or not, the guy has no respect for the living OR the dead, he wanted to kill everyone even before confirming there identities and once he had an idea who Kyouma was he double so wanted him dead or be made into a cyber zombie.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:05 pm Reply with quote
I think that it has taken me this long to realise that some of what Kyouma can do makes no sense. Specifically there is a part in the OP where he puts darts through the feet of two men, and then he seems to lift up the weight of these two men with his own weight. Sure it looks cool, but he would have to be like twice their weight for it to work, and that force would be on either one of his arms (or hands) as well as the spears in the feet where they would have to not be simply be pulled out with that counterbalance. Similarly it would not have been so easy to grab Mira from falling into the void. He would have to throw the darts fast enough to both catch up to her and wrap around her, then that momentum would shift to him and then he would have to apply the force to have her pulled back, which would probably have thrown him forward or something at that level.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:44 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I think that it has taken me this long to realise that some of what Kyouma can do makes no sense.

In anime, F=ma has no meaning other than Full Metal Alchemist.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:39 am Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Wow, crazy episode. Up to this point, I really like the characterization they've been focusing on the main characters. Thus, I felt bad for what happened to Loser and Sophia. Damn it Seameyer and his experimentation...

Now Sophia has been turned into this:

I really hope that Seaymer guy gets some justice soon. Looking forward to the finale. These last few episodes imo have been a wild ride!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4