• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:53 pm Reply with quote

Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut (TV)

Genres: fantasy
Themes: harem, mecha, school life

Plot Summary: Lux is a former prince of an empire named Arcadia that was overthrown via a rebellion five years earlier. Lux accidentally trespasses in a female dormitory's bathing area, sees the kingdom's new princess Lisesharte naked, and incurs her wrath. Lisesharte then challenges Lux to a Drag-Ride duel. Drag-Rides are ancient armored mechanical weapons that have been excavated from ruins all around the world. Lux used to be called the strongest Drag-Knight, but now he's known as the "undefeated weakest" Drag-Knight because he will absolutely not attack in battle. After his duel with Lisesharte, Lux ends up attending the female-only academy that trains royals to be Drag-Knights.
----------------------------------

Another LN adaptation. The studio in charge will be Lerche and directed by Masaomi Ando.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yuna49

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:10 am Reply with quote
So no relationship to Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis or the card game on which it is based, correct? I would have been disappointed if this is the promised sequel to that show.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:13 am Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
So no relationship to Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis or the card game on which it is based, correct? I would have been disappointed if this is the promised sequel to that show.

Nope, no relations to it. They are completely separate shows/franchises.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Hmm...pretty generic.

Many unanswered questions that we'll probably find out like the purpose of Lux's black sword, the past of some of these characters, more insight about the Abyss, who unleashed, etc.

OP song seems pretty catchy ;o
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, like the OP. :O

Lux and Lisha are rather cute leads. And it's been a really long time since I watched anything that has mecha suits. They don't overdo the fanservice so that's also good. I'll keep this.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:44 am Reply with quote
Mecha & school.
An all girls school at that.
The debt thing kinda brings in a new dimension.
Didn't peak my interest.
Skipping it.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:23 am Reply with quote
Got to be a new record for the dere-dere turn over. But it's better than dragging it out.

Since the Infinite Stratos franchise is basically dead I'm glad a new show is filling the void. I love the designs which are brought to us by the person who did Gonna be a Twintail and Castle Town Dandelion.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:47 am Reply with quote
Mecha kind of like Infinite Stratos, but this is not Infinite Stratos so that makes it better.

Don't know what that crest means, but I will throw in a baseless theory that maybe she was branded to give the baby of the next person to take the thrown, which perhaps created a catalyst of her family to overthrow the old Empire and place themselves at the new leaders. She was extra aggressive to him because alternatively she would have been forced to marry him, and why she was so happy in throwing the coup in his face. That totally won't be what it is, but it is what is in my head like some sort of headcanon.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Got to be a new record for the dere-dere turn over.

I think you're right. Anime hyper

...although Stella's was pretty fast too.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Immediately, I drew comparisons to Infinite Stratos as well but other than the whole mecha-suit thing, they have different premises. One being that this show is not necessarily about competition between the suits but it has outside enemies like the Gargoyle things. The show does scream generic and cliche but I can put up with that. Hopefully I won't be bored with the harem antics that will follow.

I feel that the pacing of this episode was quite fast so I didn't really feel impress. The whole duel went by too quickly and the way they kept throwing in information (which felt kind of unnecessarily, imo)* detracted from a positive view of the show. There are certainly some interesting things I'd like the show to go into such as the person behind the coup d'etat and how the lineage matters will play a role in this show. Some things I picked up in the hair color (white/silver) of the dude walking towards whom I assume is Lisha in the beginning. In addition, Lux is mentioned to the 7th Prince so I wonder if the dude in the beginning has any relationship to him. Also, the guy that handed him the black sword seems to also have white hair so I'm guessing that he's sibling and potentially the white hair guy in the beginning.

*Things like the line explaining what an Abyss could be done so much better. For example, "What's an Abyss doing here? They should only be in the ruins!" could replace the whole info-dump of "An Abyss is an entity that belongs in the ruins." It gets the same meaning across and feels a bit more natural.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
I think you're right. Anime hyper

...although Stella's was pretty fast too.

True, though I'd probably qualify it by saying there was more influencing Stella's turn (Ikki acknowledging her efforts when no one else did) than Lishe's (Lux helped her in a fight).
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Hmm... the main character looks and sounds so wimpy that I was hoping that Lisha would kick his ass. This time I wouldn't mind a violent tsundere, but Lisha doesn't seem like the type. Character designs are pretty pleasing to look at though.

The opening is decent. At least I don't have to plug ears every episode. The ending theme is by nano.RIPE so there's some potential there though I'm not exactly a fan of nano.RIPE.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Hmm... the main character looks and sounds so wimpy that I was hoping that Lisha would kick his ass.

Yeah he is voiced by a female VA. I guess it makes sense as I assume he is around middle school age.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:02 pm Reply with quote
well, as long as Lishe we see in the end of the ep is permanent Lishe, i'll be staying for now. Not much else that seems any different from nearly every other LN adaption of this sort, but I'll remain optimistic for now
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:58 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
Cam0 wrote:
Hmm... the main character looks and sounds so wimpy that I was hoping that Lisha would kick his ass.

Yeah he is voiced by a female VA. I guess it makes sense as I assume he is around middle school age.

I always found this trope sort of cute. It's only when it's an adult, buff dude like Goku that it felts weird. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6