• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Detective Conan Movie 11 in April

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
detective392

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:48 pm Reply with quote
awsome more of my news get's posted but i cant wait for movie 11 movie 10 was awsome and the plot sounds pretty intersting.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Never really read or seen Case Closed. Wonder why when Japan makes sequels of sequels, it's cool but when Disney and other American animators make sequels (Land Before Time comes to mind), it sucks. Sounds interesting though.
W-General

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Definitely will be watching that. Haven't missed a single one
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:52 pm Reply with quote
That many huh? I'm just waiting for it to end, which it probably never will.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
Never really read or seen Case Closed. Wonder why when Japan makes sequels of sequels, it's cool but when Disney and other American animators make sequels (Land Before Time comes to mind), it sucks. Sounds interesting though.

that is a very good question.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
therealssjlink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:52 am Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:

Land before time dinosaurs escaped death so many times it isn't even funny. As for this, it wasn't originally a movie. That is why nobody is complaining. Also, it's sequel isn't made by someone else 50+ year laters.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:56 am Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:

Because most of those movies that Disney, MGM, et al are sequeling weren't meant to be sequeled in the first place. Land Before Time, for example, was nicely resolved at the end, with the characters' journey coming full circle. The dozen or so sequels all came well after any and all character and story development had ceased, and basically consisted of extraneous, inane crap that dragged a story out well beyond its lifespan.

Something like Detective Conan or Dragon Ball Z, however, is pretty much indefinitely ongoing until the studio says "stop." These shows really have no set-in-stone end to them, and they're not adding movies after that ending, but rather during the series' run. Therefore, it's more appropriate to get a Detective Conan 11 during the height of the series' run than it is to get a Land Before Time 11 some sixteen years after the story definitively concluded.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Yes, they just came out with Fox and the Hound 2. Very rarely to me are Disney's sequels any good, the only exceptions would be Toy Story 2 and Aladdin and the King of Thieves.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1