• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Otakon 2003: AnimEigo

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkstar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 10:11 am Reply with quote
Don't know if this was mentioned yet, but an interesting tidbit regarding the "You're Under Arrest mini specials" - they are currently being broadcast on The Anime Network.
http://www.theanimenetwork.com/shows/underarrest.html

i noticed this a few days ago, but I don't think that they are the full episodes. I had seen the 'specials' at Otakon about 3 years ago and remember there being more to them than what I say on TAN, but I will have to double-check. At any rate YUA is on TV, so I guess somebody needs to tell the guys that ran that AnimEigo panel Wink
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tenchi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 1:47 pm Reply with quote
That's the stuff that ADV licensed (the movies and "Mini Specials"), not AnimEigo. It may be a factor in AnimEigo's decision to run the OVAs and TV series on TV, but the Anime "Network" is an obscure VOD service so I doubt it will have that much of an effect either way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
pumpkinhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:23 pm Reply with quote
It's only on Anime Network because it's ADV.

I've only seen the mini specials and the OVA, but maybe the TV series will wind up on AS?
LuppyLuptonium

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Well the manga was pretty cool.... I hoave some semi high hopes for the TV series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1