• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Monster Hunter Explore Game Shows Off Madoka-Themed Skins

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asterisk-CGY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Oh, just Explore.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I find the male costumes of Kyuubey and Charlotte to be an eccentrically funny sight. Cool
brucepuppy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:58 pm Reply with quote
It looks interesting. The last time I checked MonHun was in its PSP era and I ignored it because the avatars were so ugly and bulky, even the female ones. I wonder if now with all those moe influences, is it possible to create slender and good looking avatars?
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:26 am Reply with quote
brucepuppy wrote:
It looks interesting. The last time I checked MonHun was in its PSP era and I ignored it because the avatars were so ugly and bulky, even the female ones. I wonder if now with all those moe influences, is it possible to create slender and good looking avatars?

The creators were hopeing to make the game look more realistic to bring that "thrill of the hunt" aspect to their games. But in my opinion they should focus on making the monsters and environment more ominous,intimidating, and even more realistic while allowing the character to have that anime look which should at least be an option. But it really won't make much of a difference in the end because all of the good armor sets would still look bulky.
Rather than a madoka-themed skin it would make more sense to have a Toriko or HunterxHunter theme.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:49 am Reply with quote
Don't know the game, but this looks like a low-effort adjustment to "stock" models. At least some other games I've seen screen-shots of made the Madoka characters look more realistic. I think these guys need to stop being cheap in the development department and produce a more up-to-date character rendering engine. They even messed up Bebe's name as "Sweets Witch".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1