• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Live! Idols, Nogizaka46 Confirmed to Perform at New Year's Kōhaku Battle

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:13 am Reply with quote
Wow, no Hamasaki Ayumi... her popularity must really be starting to wane (though there is the issue with her residing in the US now, too).

I wonder if BABYMETAL had been invited...that would have been awesome to have them on this program, though from my previous viewings, the battle does seem to skew more towards pop, light rock & Enka, not heavy metal.
ssgOverlord

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:49 am Reply with quote
I'm happy to see μ's representing the LL! juggernaut, but I'm really sad that Nana Mizuki isn't on the list. She's had a good run though.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Can't blame Nana for not being in Kohaku this year, she's been super busy since spring and hasn't had a break at all. She mentioned in her radio show that she didn't get her summer vacation until late October even then it was just a weekend trip.
Miss Hachiko

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty surprised that Kyary got the boot. However, I'm happy to see Bump of Chicken and Nogizaka46 finally being on Kohaku. Especially Nogi46, especially since they couldn't get in because of Sayurin's scandal last year. :c

wmderemer wrote:
Wow, no Hamasaki Ayumi... her popularity must really be starting to wane (though there is the issue with her residing in the US now, too).

Her being in the US doesn't really matter. A lot of people noticed her popularity was dropping for a long while now, and it was pretty evident when she didn't show up in 2014's Kohaku (even though she claimed she 'graduated' from doing Kohaku, but her sales that year weren't too good either).
Pado

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The channel confirmed that AKB48's sister idol group Nogizaka46 and the Love Live! franchise's female idol group μ's will be first-time performers.

Nogizaka46 is the rival group of AKB48 and not their sister group.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:04 pm Reply with quote
ssgOverlord wrote:
I'm happy to see μ's representing the LL! juggernaut, but I'm really sad that Nana Mizuki isn't on the list. She's had a good run though.

μ's kind of seems to have taken her place as the de factor queens of anisong of late. I haven't seen anything strictly animated top them in a week of release in quite some time but then not much else is virtually guaranteed 50K first week sales anymore unless it's a tie-in from a mainstream group which I think it's fair to say μ's now qualifies as. If they weren't before this pretty much cements it.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:09 am Reply with quote
Ugh, I bet Golden Bomber is going to sing that Memeshikute song again like they do every single darn year......... -___- They can only redeem themselves in my book if they sing DT wo Suteru and/or Let's Go ED. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1