• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sorry, but only users granted special access can reply to posts in this forum

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Got the above message when I clicked on the quote button to reply to someone in the following thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3029381

The odd thing is that the reply button worked okay (so I was able to just cut and paste what I wanted to quote anyway and use BBCode manually) so I am really confused. I tried using the quote button on a different thread on a different subforum other than Talkback and it worked okay there (just didn't actually bother clicking submit as I was only testing the functionality).
Touma

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Just to see what would happen I tried to quote that post by Kadmos1 and got the same result that you did, so it must be something about that particular post.
Actually, it looks like that post is not shown in that users list of posts.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Yeah seems you're right I just tried the quote button on a another post in the same thread and it seemed to work. That seems oddly specific.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:57 pm Reply with quote
I think that that I know what happened: There was a glitch in the Staff (moderator) forum involving Kadmos1's post. While I was trying to fix the glitch that particular post became inaccessible for users.
GracieLizzy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:15 am Reply with quote
Ah, thanks for the explanation! That makes sense. Anyway I worked around it so everything okay. I was mostly reporting it in case it was some sort of ongoing bug.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1