• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia Anime's 2nd Promo Video Previews Voice Cast, Hero Costumes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gustave154

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:18 am Reply with quote
yeahh the voice acting are pretty good! 2016 has a chance to be one of the best year of anime ever.
terrance207

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:18 am Reply with quote
The voices are so perfect Very Happy
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:23 am Reply with quote
Obviously, we already knew about the VAs of Uraraka, Iida, and Bakugou, but it's finally good to hear how they will actually sound in the anime....and they sound great! Although Uraraka sounds a bit more higher pitched than I imagined from reading the manga.
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:14 am Reply with quote
The voices sounded good except for Ochaco's, which has that grating "trying-to-be-cute" style that seems to be popular in Japan right now (I dislike manufactured cuteness in general). Otherwise it sounded pretty good, I think the cartoony sort of style of the show is appealing, and I'm looking forward to when it comes out.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:18 am Reply with quote
Nakurawari wrote:
Obviously, we already knew about the VAs of Uraraka, Iida, and Bakugou, but it's finally good to hear how they will actually sound in the anime....and they sound great! Although Uraraka sounds a bit more higher pitched than I imagined from reading the manga.

Yeah I have to agree, I'm sure I'll get used to it but still.

I'm just looking forward to some previews with animation, since that's the main thing that I think will make or break the adaptation for me (I daresay even more so than what kind of adaptation it'll be.)

Kikaioh wrote:
The voices sounded good except for Ochaco's, which has that grating "trying-to-be-cute" style that seems to be popular in Japan right now (I dislike manufactured cuteness in general).

This is nothing new man, this has been happening for a while now.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:32 am Reply with quote
Sweet can't wait for the premiere of this show in 2016, the costumes look really cool too. Cool
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:38 am Reply with quote
Yeah my hype meters are broken right now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:46 am Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
This is nothing new man, this has been happening for a while now.

Cute voices have always existed sure, but it seems to have a more mainstream kind of popularity right now. I would have liked to hear some raspy and energetic female voice acting, like the male characters in this pv seem to have.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:47 am Reply with quote
Haven't read the manga yet, but I guess the look's inspired by The Incredibles?
Ulinox

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:43 am Reply with quote
Good thing Marvel released Big Hero 6 in Japan, so that all these other franchises could try and copy their success, but I really think something like this wont be even half as good as that standout film. Arrow
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:51 am Reply with quote
Ulinox wrote:
Good thing Marvel released Big Hero 6 in Japan, so that all these other franchises could try and copy their success, but I really think something like this wont be even half as good as that standout film. Arrow

You realise that My Hero Academia is older than Big Hero 6, right? How is it trying to copy it?
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:56 am Reply with quote
Ulinox wrote:

The manga started months before BH6 got released in America alone. Also, MHA is more like a traditional superhero show whereas BH6 was more futuristic like "Gatchaman."
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:56 am Reply with quote
Ulinox wrote:

switch thover around. hope you know Academia was released beforehand hahaha. it's always hilarious how people try to bring down a series just because it's "unoriginal" yet they watch it and end up enjoying it. so funny
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:57 am Reply with quote
Kikaioh wrote:
The voices sounded good except for Ochaco's, which has that grating "trying-to-be-cute" style that seems to be popular in Japan right now (I dislike manufactured cuteness in general).

Sounded alright to me. Then again, I suffered through the absolutely freaking hideous voice of Kisaragi momo, so I guess that just makes every other attempt at cutesy sound better by default to me.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, the voices are spot on.

It's going to be so awesome hearing Midoriya get some confidence in his voice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2