• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - The Top Ten Games of 2015

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:29 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
I'm just waiting for the next indie darling which contrarians will gush about and go on about how Undertale was just a flavor of the month that was overhyped. That's the problem with the indie scene: people change their tune too fast.

Aren't triple a games already like that? They get hyped up for months and then when they come out people gush and obsess over them, and then usually a few months later people say the game wasn't that good and it's overhyped? I already see that happened with Fallout 4. A lot of people are saying it's not as good as New Vegas now that the Honeymoon period is over with it.

The only review I recall saying as such as the Giant Bomb review for calling the game out for being a step backwards for the franchise and having tons of bugs/glitches. They were then called out by fans for just being contrarian and hipster for not liking it and then the reviewer responded back. Maybe indie game and triple A games aren't all that different.

Then again thanks to review scores anything below an 8/10 is considered absolute trash and not worth playing. It's weird. a 3/5 or 6/10 is still considered good/above average
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:42 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:

@enurtsol Why did you like Fallout 4 so much? I am playing it right now and i like it too (8?/10) but 1,3 and New Vegas are just superior.

The topic is not about the best Fallout but about the best games of the year.

residentgrigo wrote:

Some of you old school anime cats should try Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (the best one since MW 1!) as it is an adaptation of GitS in disguise.

Most old school anime cats won't have the coordination.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:35 am Reply with quote
@enurtsol You can just spring through the game on the lowest difficulty level Wink.
One could even try a pacifist-ish playthrough that way and all but the hardest difficulty won´t challenge "Nintendo Hard" gamers from the past. That goes for most post PS3 games in general. Bloodborne barely challenged me and i regret only playing Witcher 3 on "Blood and Broken Bones".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:26 am Reply with quote
Ulinox wrote:
And on top of the real top 10 games of 2015 we have Witcher 3: Wild Hunt as #1.

Not bad for a game with a verity of immersion shattering glitches, some BS game design, and the fact that the game ignores a number of decisions made in the first and second game for no given reason.

Guile wrote:

Aren't triple a games already like that? They get hyped up for months and then when they come out people gush and obsess over them, and then usually a few months later people say the game wasn't that good and it's overhyped?

People do that with practically every medium.

Guile wrote:
having tons of bugs/glitches.

Didn't Fallout 3 and New Vegas have a ton of bugs and glitches?......just like Oblivion and Skyrim?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4