• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Post a pic of your favorite Anime characters!

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatNekoWithAspergers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:35 am Reply with quote
Hello, I'm Neko! I'm kinda awkward when it comes to forums so I'm sorry
If I do something wrong, ok? Anime catgrin + sweatdrop

So anyway, I would like it if you could post a pic of your favorite Anime/Manga character and tell me why like him/her/it.

{I'm editing the Subject line because this is the Anime forum; I suggest using the Manga forum for the Manga pictures. Title formerly was: "Post a pic of your favorite Anime/Manga character!" ~nobahn}
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:42 am Reply with quote
forum rules dictate you go first.
ThatNekoWithAspergers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:56 am Reply with quote
Thank you getchman, I just joined so I'm not sure how this is done. Embarassed

My favorite character is Lag Seeing from Tegami Bachi(Letter bee). He's an adorable 12 year old that I greatly admire for his kindness and determination. It goes to show that just because your a crybaby doesn't mean your weak.
Touma

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:23 pm Reply with quote
ThatNekoWithAspergers wrote:
I just joined so I'm not sure how this is done.

All that you need is a web site to host the image, I use Photobucket but there are many others, and the "Img" tag. Just put the link to the picture inside the image tags.
I will use this picture of Satsuki from Ghost Stories because I have the link from the character guessing game, and she is one of my favorite characters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:00 pm Reply with quote
I was honestly expecting this thread to get locked, but it looks like it'll live for now. To keep it that way, I highly suggest not just posting images, but explaining why the character is your favourite.

Noriko Takaya from Gunbuster.

I'm a sucker for an underdog and Noriko is a textbook example. Seeing her deal with her struggles, be it the bullying, her lack of confidence, or giant space monsters, you can't help but root for her. Over 6 episodes you see her evolution from a girl who couldn't believe in herself to the saviour of the universe. That she's hot blooded and kicks tons of ass is merely a bonus.
Raftina

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:50 pm Reply with quote
The OP did say "and tell me why like him/her/it" and followed up his post with his reason. Some of the subsequent posters neglected that part of the thread.

A picture of Mai Tokia from My-Hime from my favorite scene in the series.

Why do I like her? She is a responsible, kind, and hard-working girl. Not only does she do her utmost to raise her little brother in her parents' stead, she also takes care of Mikoto like a stray kitten, all the while being a mediator among her friends and fighting for what she believes to be right.

It is with great pleasure that I watched spoiler[her friends torn apart by the HiME-lander plot, conspiring against each other to be the last one standing, culminating in this secondary climax in which her adoptive little sister indirectly murders her little brother.] The despair of this scene permeated the remainder of the series, lingering as that touch of flavoring that I simply cannot savor enough.

Slightly off topic, but this is my second favorite anime character. And this is me while watching their plots unfold.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:59 am Reply with quote
Raftina wrote:
The OP did say "and tell me why like him/her/it" and followed up his post with his reason. Some of the subsequent posters neglected that part of the thread.

Well, I recall that the Quote Guessing Game got started rather than having a thread about favourite quotes. So I figured the Character Guessing Game served a similar purpose for a thread like this.

Anyways, I don't have just one favourite so I have no intention of limiting myself...

Eve from Black Cat.

Granted her manga version is far superior (anime had to give her an unnecessary crush on Sven) but she's still a great character. Over the course of the series you see her grow from a heartless killing machine into a fine young woman and a powerful Sweeper.

Unfortunately because of her I'm not as fond of Golden Darkness from To Love Ru. To me she'll always just be an inferior copy of Eve.
Hikari14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:33 am Reply with quote

True strength means not to be superior in fighting or having insane abilities. True strength means to endure any hardship thrown your way. And Shion does just that. Even when spoiler[confronted with her parents' murderer, she still stands up to him and beats him in his own game, both literally and figuratively.] Go Shion!
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:00 am Reply with quote

I have a lot of favorite characters, so I picked the one I thought I had the most in common. Ken Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul is one of the most relatable main characters in fiction that I've come across. He's also incredibly sympathetic, as he tries so hard not to be the monster society says he is. spoiler[Which makes it all the more tragic when he fails.]
Hikari14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Also Mugi for being a carbon copy of my personality. We're shy, yet when it comes to being there for people we care about, we become headstrong.

There are more to come.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Might want to include the name of the anime too instead of just the character name.
Hikari14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I think that the anime name is easy to find, besides, I can't have others 'stealing' them. Laughing
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:31 pm Reply with quote
All right, all right, I'll play by the rules. Anime hyper

I love Takuto from Full Moon. Everything about him is awesome. He's a catboy, a shinigami, and a singer. That's three great things right there. He's a precious tsun-tsun cinnamon roll who will do anything for the girl he loves. He has the best expressions. He blushes so easily. He's adorable when he's happy and also when he gets mad. Even his negative character traits (like getting jealous or moody or stubborn) are cute. He'll try to be mean sometimes but he's impossible at it and just fails fantastically. I really can't get enough of him. He's responsible for my tsundere obsession. Anime hyper
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:32 pm Reply with quote
@Hikari14,
Thar does not look like any other picture of Tsumugi Kotobuki that I have seen.

Could there possibly be another Mugi somewhere?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hikari14

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Mugi Asai from Hitohira
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5