• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Norn9 (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 4:

The pacing of this show still feels slow imo.

So Kakeru got a fever this episode. Akito and Nanami gets stuck with handcuffs while Kuga is still searching for the culprits from before. I expect pacing to pick up in the second half of the show. Although for now, the next episode might be on concentrating to help Kakeru again to find what he's missing....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

If the "chicks" made it, shouldn't the girl be familiar with the handcuffs?..... Oh, after re-watching the scene a few times I realised that "chicks" referred to the strange anamorphic chicks and not the female characters. I thought "chick" was an odd translation for him to use to refer to the female characters. Aren't I a silly.

But why was it so long for her to find out he was sick? I thought they were supposed to keep an eye on their partner at all times.

Also that one guy is a douche regardless of whether something was apparently taken from him. But he also seems set to not try and humanise the person he is blaming.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:38 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Kakeru sick.]
That ship is full of strange people..
spoiler[Akito] sure was mean...
Kakeru did right to spoiler[handcuff those two.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:43 am Reply with quote
Episode 5:

I felt like taking relieving a bit of childhood nostalgia for this week's episode. I mean, the fake fantasy stuff with the dream world and the metaphors...

Out of all of the roles, I kinda like the Cinderella one the most. Plus, I think Sakuya is one of the most mysterious characters in this show. Hope the show will get back to the main story soon although this was a rather fun episode despite some of the emotional appeals it tried to portray especially about Koharu.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:24 am Reply with quote
Would a girl who lived in that time period in Japan, and spent so much of her life isolated that she forgot her own name, actually be familiar with these fairy tales? How did dream guy convince the other guys to follow the plot? Isn't it kind of rude to force them into the stories?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:07 am Reply with quote
Itsuki played a trick on the girls.
Luckily, they were ready to fight back LOL
Fairy Tail time..
It was very amusing.
The girls were responding to the guys in a cute way ^^
Very nice episode.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:27 am Reply with quote
Episode 6:

So Sakuya can apparently see bits into the future? (just unclear fragments I guess or according to him)

Meh this episode felt slow even with the action. It added more questions especially regarding the culprits that attacked Mikoto and their motives. The whole segments about the dreams felt kinda repetitive.

For some reason, Ron seems really suspicious to me this episode.....
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:22 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
So Sakuya can apparently see bits into the future? (just unclear fragments I guess or according to him)

Also known as SCP (Story Convenient Precognition).
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Didn't Sakuya actually see the perp just before he dropped the shelves on him? Seems like something he might've mentioned during the meeting.

Btw, did they ever wrap up the part where the kid went down to the planet and got involved in some life-threatening dust-up? What happened? I can barely remember anything about that, let alone if it was resolved, but it seems like they just dropped that and went to fairy-tale land and then he's back.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 7:

So the show continuously focuses more on Mikoto. (definitely focusing on her route by the looks of it now) Speaking of which, I am wondering about her fate at the end of this week's episode with that cliffhanger with Ron.

Koharu got some kisses this episode..wasn't too surprising though.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:34 am Reply with quote
So this flying terrarium comes complete with a run-down mansion/school building, because why wouldn't it?

I just realized that Akito is being played by Sasuke's seiyuu, which I guess is perfect.

If someone told me I looked like a peach seedling, I'm not sure I'd take it as a compliment. Also, if someone started crying when I kissed them, I'd stop.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:30 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
If someone told me I looked like a peach seedling, I'm not sure I'd take it as a compliment. Also, if someone started crying when I kissed them, I'd stop.

I actually started laughing when he said it looked like her, which was followed by feeling a bit bad because the show clearly did not mean it as a joke. And the forced kiss thing, yeah I had the same thought. I actually had the general thought this episode that half the boys are rapey. Sakuya throwing Mikoto against the wall or floor was kind of crossing lines, but then she like forgives him and says that she is only joking about worried about being around him.

I was kind of on Senri's side of telling them to stop acting like that, in an eww gross way. And really Kakeru's kiss at the end was only one aspect that he was acting a bit creepy in being so aggressive to Senri for interrupting him. And talking about rapey, one has to mention the two men who not only part of harassing a girl who ran into them with such "original" lines as "aren't you supposed to say sorry", and then trying to take her away. At least means not entirely a rape fantasy anime.

Just have to mention that a good similar genre anime was Kamigami, which was far more aware that some of the traits shown here are not exactly positive.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:03 pm Reply with quote
I didn't see his kiss as being forced. I think those were tears of happiness, but still. I'd stop to make sure, ya know? And either way, I think I'd be a little weirded out that someone was crying because I kissed them. It would kind of kill the mood for me. :/

I think it would be funny if someone did a compilation reel of all those random thugs menacing everyone, male and female, who bumps into them. The trope is so stale it's become a joke instead of injecting any drama, and they always say exactly the same dialog.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:39 am Reply with quote
Episode 8:

The aerial fighting and action is surprisingly good imo, I hope they do more of those scenes in the future for this war considering what we found out in the latest episode.

Meanwhile, Mikoto survived although that isn't very surprising. Koharu also unleashes some of her powers. The reveal about the reset was probably the bigger twist as well engineered by Mankind. I think in essence, this week's episode progressed quite a bit. Aion is also the most mysterious character in this series with her timeline explanation. The presents timeline is the 8075, 4th history. That's well...a lot of info to take in at once.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:58 am Reply with quote
Hmm.. a lot happened since I last watched it.
Things got more intense.
Lots of action too!
Much much better than the first 5 episodes.
So it's all in a distant future..
Trying to save the world repeatedly.. with Resets.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3