• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
KonoSuba – God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World!! (TV + movie).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:25 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
That was a pretty funny episode. Lol at her "they're going to sell me" song. I was surprised he actually got the sword instead of the dude's underwear. Or does that mean he doesn't wear any? >.>

It could be a metaphor for "what makes you feel most vulnerable", in his case it was his sword.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:24 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I was surprised he actually got the sword instead of the dude's underwear. Or does that mean he doesn't wear any? >.>

I don't think he would feel very lucky if he stole a guy's underwear, after all it is his luck stat which meant he stole something that got the most from the thief and most unsettled Megumin. I could see him getting the sword by being able to take the one thing that would reduce his opponent down.

I know that the characters were saying that they did not like his kind, but he also came across as the stereotypical hero type character. Only the episode showed that his pride before his ability to think screwed things over. Took Aqua too seriously and broke the bars, and made a stupid bet without thinking about limits, or really he was not being very fair either.

Somehow negative comments are going about Kazuma, his reaction of trying to find out who is spreading it was funny. And really I think Aqua reactions like screaming from being attacked or attacking the "hero" are some of the best parts of the series.

I knew the Dullahan would be back and annoyed that no one showed up at his castle.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:27 am Reply with quote
I just caught up to this and am reasonably pleased. I need some lighthearted entertainment like this now and then.

As for Aqua's lack of panties: she is obviously going commando and she is fully aware of her exposure (like when she was on all fours on the table pushing her butt up to taunt Kazuma). What is bemusing about it is how no other character reacts to it. Particularly when they make such a big deal over stealing panties.

Also odd is how Kazuma hasn't recognized the harem aspect of his situation. Especially after Aqua let him know about what he does at night (and finally getting a rise [no pun intended] out of him over it.)

I hope the story takes the direction I expect it to, which is Kazuma will eventually start to take his party seriously and prodding the girls to do better than they presently are. He'll end up caring for them no matter what he says now.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:08 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Also odd is how Kazuma hasn't recognized the harem aspect of his situation.

Kazuma still blames Aqua for getting him into this bizarre situation (doesn't help that she is no more useful than any other recruit so far), Darkness masochistic nature is just too much for him, so that leaves Megumin who is probably the closest to a "normal" girl he isn't outright off set by but still can't get over the nature that she acts like a Chuuny... even if contextually she is a bit justified as she is acting "normal" for her people.

THAT said, for a quasi harem set up it is much better as Kazuma has a damned personality, he at least feels like an actual character and not just a guy to be a "fantasy insert replacement".
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:53 am Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
so that leaves Megumin who is probably the closest to a "normal" girl he isn't outright off set by but still can't get over the nature that she acts like a Chuuny... even if contextually she is a bit justified as she is acting "normal" for her people.

I have grown to be a bit of a fan of Kazuma x Megumin. I look at moments such as her feeling down when he refers to her as a "little girl", how they have kind of started to get along by hanging out during practice, him teasing her over the bathroom comment, and some other things. Really, both of them want to go out and get involved in the quest because it would be cool to live their fantasies.

Although I don't think it really has concerned himself about the idea of romance. He really he has not done anything he might consider would have them love him, and is at least on more friendlier terms.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Oh poor Aqua......

Pretty action based episode this week. Megumi's explosive magic became relevant while Darkness' masochism clearly showed. Too bad about Kazuma's plan to live a peaceful life after getting that award. Did he really think money grow from trees? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Oh poor Aqua......

Well she did come up with some pretty potent mojo when needed. Too bad her luck cancels out Kazuma's.
Quote:
while Darkness' masochism clearly showed.

She seems to be the epitome of the the saying: "if you're going to be dumb you gotta be tough."

Best LOL moment: When the Dullahan has to protest "they'll get the wrong idea about me!"
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

Stark700 wrote:
Oh poor Aqua......

Really? Because Aqua is probably half responsible for the Dullahan showing up so pissed, in that she helped Megumin continue her explosion tests, and maybe somewhat managing to do some damage in turning undead to him. And despite how useless Aqua often is, she is also kind of overpowered, which does seem to be locked behind her failings, like not understanding what Kazuma figured out. Should she be blamed for it though?

My favourite part was probably when Darkness felt she was being double teamed by the Dullahan and Kazuma when he started calling her a pervert. And I knew that he would eventually spoiler[steal his head].
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Lol, kill the Snow Sprites. I guess the party will take on any mission to earn money.

Pretty funny episode though. I like how they gave each of the main girls some spot light whether how much Darkness failed with her sword skills or Megumin's explosive magic. (like that theme they did when she attacked too). I'm pretty sure she got turned on when she saw the Winter Shogun lmao

Kazuma's relationship with the girls gets more amusing each week
Also found it silly at how much "death" is being deconstructed in this series
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I like the "I'm Kazuma" moments when the girls call out his name.

It seemed fairly obvious that Aqua would restore him to life from how the episode started. You think that Megumin should have saved her attack for the boss, while instead she instantly starts playing dead. Kazuma was more worried about protecting Darkness than himself, although unnecessary with how it turned out for him, and what Aqua is capable of, it is somewhat of an indication that he is a good guy. Aqua makes death cheap which works in contrast to another current series, and her reaction to Kazuma trying to kill her newly acquired convenience pet (something that I was sharing with him), worked funny, but also a defeated thought that she may be a fool but why try something that will upset her so much.

Not the best episode, but a good moment where after we had so much time with Eris we had Aqua belittle her.

Not sure if a reference, but the glass jars that Aqua had kind of made me think of the bottles from The Legend of Zelda series, which often used to capture fairies.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:57 pm Reply with quote
How did Megumin only manage to kill 9 (or was it 8) sprites with that blast? In any case, they should have raked in over a million on that quest, with no damage debt.

Speaking of debt, if they divided up all the reward for the Black Knight among all the adventurers there, why didn't they divide the damages too?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Speaking of debt, if they divided up all the reward for the Black Knight among all the adventurers there, why didn't they divide the damages too?

It does seem unfair but apparently the fact that it was Aqua's magic that caused all the collateral damage caused their party to assume the liability.

Also I though the reward was 300M and the damage to repay was about 320M. So if the 300M was divided up but not the damage charge then they would be pretty deep in, more then 200M probably. Not counting Aqua's excesses. Something didn't quite add up there.

I wonder if Kazuma's and Aqua's water magic could have defeated the Winter Shogun.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:42 pm Reply with quote
episode seven

I hope the captured snow sprite comes back in some way in later episodes. The show has been pretty good with comedic continuity, so I have hope.

All in all, not as funny as previous episodes. I'd say we get a little character development on Kazuma but that seems to just be played for laughs as well.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Hmm, from what I've seen, yes they did skip quite a bit from the LN. Given the contents of this week's episode, they wanted to capture a lot of the chemistry between Wiz and the others in particularly Aqua (whom over exaggerated after assuming what she would do as a leader of the Demon King).

Ah funny episode still. I love how the girls still puts up a show even without a big question with cute Megumin in her night clothes or Darkness' masochism.

The 'TURN UNDEAD! TURN UNDEAD! TURN UNDEAD! TURN UNDEAD! TURN UNDEAD! TURN UNDEAD! TURN UNDEAD! TURN UNDEAD!' is priceless.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Somehow it seemed out of character for him to turn down the reward even if his party instigated the cause. But despite all the tsundere screaming, it had a surprisingly sweet outcome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9