• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
KonoSuba – God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World!! (TV + movie).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:40 am Reply with quote
According to the preview in the style of her writing a letter, she already has a party surprisingly like the main group.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:15 am Reply with quote
I have to admit, the second season has been just as a fun ride as the first season. From characters such as Darkness and Megumin to Kazuma's role, they are just too fun to watch.

Really glad that we got to see more of Yunyun this season as we didn't see her much from the first season. The comedy is just hilarious when she interacts with Megumin. Too bad it's only 10 episodes again but I think this show still lives up to its name.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:19 pm Reply with quote
So far I am finding the second season slightly weaker than the first. The first was very good stuff, which would be hard to match. Since the second season lacks the feeling of "freshness" that I got from the first: it feels like a sequel that is self conscious of being a sequel. Besides that, though it's has been very consistent and fun so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:31 pm Reply with quote
I have been kind of feeling that way too, which is sad because I still love the show and I have felt a little bad when others have said it is stronger than ever. I have instead thought that it kind of needed to have some sort of dramatic change to freshen it up, which I think might have been the case if characters like Yunyun and the demon mask had appeared earlier and been consistently in the show, or that this was not a sequel and was just one long season.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:35 pm Reply with quote
I agree with the two fine gentlemen who posted just above me. Don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoying the show, but yeah, I wish they had added more new elements than has been the case, so far. I was really excited when Kuzu and Aqua went down in a dungeon for the first time ever on this show. I'd like to see more new stuff like that. Making YunYun a regular part of the party would be a great start.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:36 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 7

Hmm, riding in a carriage and mentioning a type of whale, that feels familiar.

Darkness totally stole the episode. Well everyone had their moments, from Megumin getting upset by rich Kazuma with her love of adventure as well as the dragon, Kazuma having his arm twisted, Aqua making a fool of herself with the paper scizors rock as well as feud with mask guy I should learn the name of, and just having some Wiz. But Darkness had her curiosity of Kazuma's threats, actually choking Kazuma when he drained vitality from her during a moment, and everything the end from her at first denial of hard muscles to taking the binding spell. As soon as the guy said sent ropes to bind right by her it was clear what would happen, and the misunderstanding of it all was better than the some from the first season.

Also wonder why Aqua especially seemed in for the trip to hot spring place, her being a water goddess I wonder if we will finally meet some of her followers that have been mentioned in badly as a cult.
dlm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:07 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Season 2, Episode 7

Hmm, riding in a carriage and mentioning a type of whale, that feels familiar.

In a series about a NEET who finds himself in another world and keeps dying and coming back to life?

Some of the scenery from the carriage ride looked familiar.

Screenshot from the carriage ride:

Real-life Stelvio Pass:

[/i]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:49 am Reply with quote
Nice catch, dlm. Yeah, I had to agree with Megumin being freaked out by how Kazuma and Aqua were acting in the beginning - i.e. Kazuma not getting upset with Aqua's useless attempts to make tea. The show seems to be going out of its way to tease YunYun fans with the fact that she exists but they have no intention of making her part of the party. Bastards. I really hope whoever is responsible for that terrible decision gets genital warts.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm not following the show but dropping by to say "the artwork of the LN that's plastered all over ANN right now is REALLY cute" Anime hyper

Maybe I'll try reading the series instead.....
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:03 pm Reply with quote
YOU SHOULD BE WATCHING THE SHOW, LOSER!!!

Wink
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:40 pm Reply with quote
I DUN LIKE THE SLOPPY ANIMATION STYLE BECAUSE I'M A SHALLOW LOSER, U LOSER.

Razz
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Well, that's a shame, 'coz the show is just FILLED with the sort of sloppy, supah-romantic, goo-goo stuff that drives you wild.... heh-heh-heh...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:09 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 8

Yep, those are Aqua's followers. You think that it would be impossible to imagine an entire church (cult) around and representative of Aqua, but there it is. Her blind self love is represented by continual attempts to convert others, yet stupidity represented in it being completely obvious. They spit when they hear the name of Eris, they claim baseless power, yet also abilities in entertaining, attraction of undead, and all good will is just ruined.

It was not even the only good parts of the episode. I had to repeat a couple times the part where they reveal the call of the birds.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:56 am Reply with quote
Well that was the best episode of the whole franchise so far. Laughed my butt off the whole way through. Everybody got their little quirky moments. "Don't call my name out in that context!" Laughing
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:29 am Reply with quote
They definitely crammed a lot of funny in those 20-odd moments. The show is really cooking with gas. Poor YunYun!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9