• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Bring Home Your Life-Size Saekano Girlfriend for 1.98 Million Yen

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:41 pm Reply with quote
If there was a life-sized statue for Utaha and Eriri, it would be highly appreciated by their fanboys.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:03 pm Reply with quote
kinghumanity wrote:
I actually think the likely customers are not creepy otakus, but business establishments that might want to put this on display as an attraction. Might be a good investment?

Eh, I don't know, is Saekano really that popular to draw customers in? I think most businesses would rather invest in one of those life-size Asuka or Rei statues. I haven't watched the show, but this character design is rather average and uninteresting, it's not really something that would draw people's attention
Angra Mainyu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:22 pm Reply with quote
To the guy who won the powerball yesterday...I hate you Anime cry
Shirohae

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:32 pm Reply with quote
This is the Japanese' dreams...This is why their birth rates is dropping...Forever alones!!
Foxaika

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:02 pm Reply with quote
There better be...additional features if someone wants me to shell out that kind of cash.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:21 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
kinghumanity wrote:
I actually think the likely customers are not creepy otakus, but business establishments that might want to put this on display as an attraction. Might be a good investment?

Eh, I don't know, is Saekano really that popular to draw customers in? I think most businesses would rather invest in one of those life-size Asuka or Rei statues. I haven't watched the show, but this character design is rather average and uninteresting, it's not really something that would draw people's attention

There are plenty of pachinko parlors with the 1:1 figures of rei or asuka outside. Those evangelion pachinko machines are damn popular.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Foxaika wrote:
There better be...additional features if someone wants me to shell out that kind of cash.

Judging that the skirt is plastic, I don't think you could access those features even if you want to, unless some interesting things happen anatomically. They don't really make life sized figures castoff as far as I know. Probably be a pain in the butt, plus I wouldn't be messing around with a $16,000 figure for fear of breaking it.
lucio542

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:48 pm Reply with quote
In my coin that's $ 64,000
this is more than a popular car here.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Foxaika wrote:

Yeah like a dog door protruding from her butt that serves as a piggy bank so I can save back up again for the money blown Laughing
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Where do international people pre-order Aniplex+ figures? Other than Tokyo Otaku Mode, and occasionally rightstuf, I never see these on any of the usual figure outlets, like AmiAmi, HobbySearch, and whatnot.

Anyway, for nearly $17k, I would have at least expected a more risque getup. I can see people getting Momo Deviluke in her wedding lingerie, or whatever, but this is ultimately kind of lame. Even if I made $500k per year, I don't think I'd want it. She's best girl, but the design of the 1/7 figure is much more appealing.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:37 pm Reply with quote
As pretty as the life-size figure of Megumi looks, I would feel more comfortable buying the much smaller [and cheaper] figure of her instead.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:52 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Where do international people pre-order Aniplex+ figures? Other than Tokyo Otaku Mode, and occasionally rightstuf, I never see these on any of the usual figure outlets, like AmiAmi, HobbySearch, and whatnot.

Anyway, for nearly $17k, I would have at least expected a more risque getup. I can see people getting Momo Deviluke in her wedding lingerie, or whatever, but this is ultimately kind of lame. Even if I made $500k per year, I don't think I'd want it. She's best girl, but the design of the 1/7 figure is much more appealing.

Crunchyroll's store gets them as well and often gets a daily deal. They never send them to figure outlets, probably cause they want to get as much money as they can get. They love their exclusives. I guess you could go to their site and pay full price too. Love the 1/7 but it might be difficult to explain away to anyone who sees your collection. Kinda sucks GSC didn't get this one. Not sure if she's in the same line as GSC's Utaha and Eriri but all three have they in some state of undress, specifically with their shirt open and their bra showing. I believe Kotobukiya is the maker of the Megumi one. Both Utaha and Eriri were not exclusives and were therefore available generally. Ugh my wallet's getting drained. Stupid sexy Megumi.

Wonder if she comes with a base? Crouching and kneeling figures usually can stand without a base, which would save some shelf space. Koto's Hestia is baseless so I can't see why they wouldn't do the same.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:43 am Reply with quote
For that price, ya can buy several Japanese schoolgirls!
reanimator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:51 am Reply with quote
1/7, 1/6, 1/1 scales... who cares? They're just toys for grown men-boys with a lot of disposable income. It's not much different from guys buying expensive sports car except that potential buyer is a hardcore geek.

it's the whole uncanny valley that 1/1 scale is unappealing. I'm sure there are super fanatic out there who will blow off his money for the statue.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:21 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:

Crunchyroll's store gets them as well and often gets a daily deal. They never send them to figure outlets, probably cause they want to get as much money as they can get. They love their exclusives. I guess you could go to their site and pay full price too. Love the 1/7 but it might be difficult to explain away to anyone who sees your collection. Kinda sucks GSC didn't get this one. Not sure if she's in the same line as GSC's Utaha and Eriri but all three have they in some state of undress, specifically with their shirt open and their bra showing. I believe Kotobukiya is the maker of the Megumi one. Both Utaha and Eriri were not exclusives and were therefore available generally. Ugh my wallet's getting drained. Stupid sexy Megumi.

I was really looking forward to the inevitable Megumi in the same line as Utaha and Eriri, because she is the one that I really really want out of the three! Which makes me a little annoyed that this is exclusive.(It seems like all of the girls that I really want in my collection either don't get good figures, or get extremely expensive exclusives.. Confused Still waiting on an Onodera figure that is even remotely as cool as the Chitoge jump one)
It's a pretty sexy figure, but yeah, it is getting close to my limit for what I am comfortable showing off in the collection lol. My friends are mostly familiar enough with me though, that this isn't going to creep any of them out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3