• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: KonoSuba – God's blessing on this wonderful world!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aifhak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:04 pm Reply with quote
GarethXL wrote:
well so far the show is doing well, i was worried when DEEN was the animation house that was chosen and as expected the look is shitty but still passable, and was very disappointed when kayano ai was the CV for raratina instead of inoue marina but she did a good job in the few mins she was in.

now the only test is left in next ep with the scene where kazuma learns the strongest skill and was the whole reason i got hook on the series, i hope there execute the whole scene well.

on the positive side the scores fits well with each scene, and the transition cards that they use were superbly well done (as a part of a joke)

finally why is there no info on yunyun CV, would she even be in the show, and will hanakana continue to voice her. I NEED TO KNOW Crying or Very sad

p.s. eris, yunyun, and wiz = best girls in the series :p

YunYun was previously announced to not appear in the season itself but will get introduced in the OVA after season1 is over. At least that's the latest info I heard about her. She also doesn't appear until LN2 so go figure.

Not really surprising that there's no info on her VA yet if that info is correct.
Yadilie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:42 am Reply with quote
Pretty sure that Darkness is an M. Should make things interesting when he starts yelling at the other two.
GarethXL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:35 am Reply with quote
aifhak wrote:
GarethXL wrote:
well so far the show is doing well, i was worried when DEEN was the animation house that was chosen and as expected the look is shitty but still passable, and was very disappointed when kayano ai was the CV for raratina instead of inoue marina but she did a good job in the few mins she was in.

now the only test is left in next ep with the scene where kazuma learns the strongest skill and was the whole reason i got hook on the series, i hope there execute the whole scene well.

on the positive side the scores fits well with each scene, and the transition cards that they use were superbly well done (as a part of a joke)

finally why is there no info on yunyun CV, would she even be in the show, and will hanakana continue to voice her. I NEED TO KNOW Crying or Very sad

p.s. eris, yunyun, and wiz = best girls in the series :p

YunYun was previously announced to not appear in the season itself but will get introduced in the OVA after season1 is over. At least that's the latest info I heard about her. She also doesn't appear until LN2 so go figure.

Not really surprising that there's no info on her VA yet if that info is correct.

ughh that explaind why eris has no CV announcement, looks like they arn't going beyond vol 1, i was hoping they could at least end at vol 3 Sad
chito895

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:48 am Reply with quote
(There's an error at that description of the episode in the main page. The description from Phantom World is being used instead of Konosuba's)

Yeah, this one felt a bit more flat compared to the last two. Almost none of the scenes featuring Darkness were funny, and the panty scene left me saying : "really?" Even the joke of Megumin felt repetitive right at the end of thr episode. Konosuba can do better and hopefully the focus will be on the team rather tham a single character. It seems that next episode will feature a dungeon mission, so hopefully I get to see more of Aqua, who is the best part of this show and the one who save Ep. 3 with her stupid and useless water tricks.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:56 am Reply with quote
chito895 wrote:
(There's an error at that description of the episode in the main page. The description from Phantom World is being used instead of Konosuba's)

I was almost wondering if it were a very sly joke, and in a way it works.
With "It took four episodes, but Phantom World finally got a story worthy of its pretty artistry" as the thumbnail description of KonoSuba it is effectively saying "If you're looking for a show with pretty artistry- look elsewhere."

But it's an even-handed review with a "B" grade, and even though the far-from-stellar artistry is remarked on, it's too nice of a review to use an insult as it's first page description.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:34 am Reply with quote
wrong preview text, it's using phantom world's (it even refers to ep 04)
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Yeah worse episode yet, but I still found it rather funny. I found the description of how he got his money back funny, but the actual joke of him getting panty wasn't so funny, especially since before it actually happen I called it, so I just felt like "oh you're really doing that?". Similarly when he tried again it was obvious he would get panty again, maybe if instead had gotten her bra as a twist it would have been better. I was expecting him to try it on darkness at some point and then he would get nothing as a jokey way of saying she's going commando.

The cabbage bits was funnier, with the party trick skill coming in handy.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:20 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
wrong preview text, it's using phantom world's (it even refers to ep 04)

Well, that was a weird thing. Fixed, thanks to the folks who alerted me.
chex mix

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I was really enjoying the second episode up to the point where they dragged out the old false accusation trope. Would really like to see that retired some day soon. Though we don't know much about her yet, it felt out of character to me when she suddenly became sly and devious after being so straightforward if a bit grandiose up to that moment. The frog battles were pretty funny though.

Yup, I was on the fence until then and that pushed me right off into the drop zone. I'll keep up with a few more reviews to see if it becomes anything worth swallowing that over. Sigh.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:27 pm Reply with quote
They did it again in this episode, with a different character. At least it seemed more in character this time, and wasn't entirely false. Anyway, I guess this answers the question of whether anyone is wearing panties in this setting.

The cabbage migration reminded me of this.
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

It reminded my wife and I of this.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:27 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Yeah worse episode yet, but I still found it rather funny. I found the description of how he got his money back funny, but the actual joke of him getting panty wasn't so funny, especially since before it actually happen I called it, so I just felt like "oh you're really doing that?". Similarly when he tried again it was obvious he would get panty again, maybe if instead had gotten her bra as a twist it would have been better.

I saw it coming too, but I still found it pretty funny because of his reaction to having stolen them. Usually it would just be a boring nosebleed / faint, but the way he celebrated cracked me up.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:25 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
meiam wrote:
Yeah worse episode yet, but I still found it rather funny. I found the description of how he got his money back funny, but the actual joke of him getting panty wasn't so funny, especially since before it actually happen I called it, so I just felt like "oh you're really doing that?". Similarly when he tried again it was obvious he would get panty again, maybe if instead had gotten her bra as a twist it would have been better.

I saw it coming too, but I still found it pretty funny because of his reaction to having stolen them. Usually it would just be a boring nosebleed / faint, but the way he celebrated cracked me up.

Indeed. His celebration looked so stupid I couldn't help but laugh. I mean look at the face.

chex mix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
They did it again in this episode, with a different character. At least it seemed more in character this time, and wasn't entirely false. Anyway, I guess this answers the question of whether anyone is wearing panties in this setting.

Ehhhh... so you get to be my guinea pig for this one, I guess. Gunslinger Stratos or watchable. The choice is yours. Let's make this a season without cat pigeons! Laughing
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:11 pm Reply with quote
^ I don't think it's really aspiring to anything and failing hard like GS or CL, so for me it's been watchable. There's much I don't like about it, but enough that I still laugh at.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9