• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: KonoSuba – God's blessing on this wonderful world!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Due to travel and a convention I'm attending, it was not feasible for me to get a review in for episode 4 this week. It will be covered together with episode 5 next week.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
stevek504

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:07 am Reply with quote
I was not sure about this until a few episodes into this series, but I really like the ED for some reason. Most times I watch an anime all the way through to see what the OP and ED are like - then a fast-forward over them when watching the rest of the episodes. For this series I let it play at the end every time.
Niyari

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:10 am Reply with quote
it really is a shame about the art. Kurone Mishima is my favorite artist so watching her characters designs being pillaged like this hurts my soul
Lobokendo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:16 am Reply with quote
Excellent job on the review. This show definitely bounces between my second and third favorite anime of the season (between it and Grimgar) but this shows comedy really wins me over. Though I will say the creepy panty-stealing humor doesn't do it for me, everything else is hilarious.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:24 am Reply with quote
You're exaggerating about the art work. It looks fine and totally suits the series. I'm sure some of the derps are deliberate.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:26 am Reply with quote
I guess OP can stand for Over-privileged too. I did like the crocodile cage part, but I liked Kazuma dealing with the Chosen One best. On the cage though, at least with a shark cage, it's only a few sharks at most not enough to surround the cage and gnaw the hell out of it. Damn. I wouldn't leave the cage either. I loved the Chosen One's face when Kazuma told him he sold his sword.

The VA they chose to voice Dullahan was just perfect for conveying him as both intimidating and shrill. The explosion montage was great too. I liked how each was a little different, each their own special explosionflake.

I second the sentiment that the art isn't that bad. It is far from the best even of the season, but it hardly lives up to the awful description.

Also where the hell does the girl in the loin cloth keep her panties?! There is no place the straps could be, unless she has stick on panties like Miia from Monster Musume. Not really enough situations where they could be useful for them to be a real thing though.

Last edited by zrnzle500 on Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:48 am; edited 2 times in total
irfanf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:34 am Reply with quote
The best part about ep 5 is
I challenge you to a fight!
Alright I'm in lets go
Hey, wait!
STEAL!
*smacks head*
aifhak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:38 am Reply with quote
one of my favorite scenes probably was the GOD BLOW in ep5.

I don't know if that was anime original or if I simply forgot about that part from the LNs but that had me laughing.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure the whole point of the other guy with his cursed sword is too look super generic. And has someone who really dislike how every RPG/fantasy anime protagonist is "the chosen one" I rather like that the show is making fun of that.

But yeah, one of the best show this season. Probably my #2 after grimgar now that erased as exploded
Merida

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:44 pm Reply with quote
The perpetually angry Dullahan is strangely adorable, i want to give him a hug. Very Happy

Also, it was fun seeing Kazuma complaining that his parallel world experience didn't really match his expectations first, before actually meeting the walking and talking "trapped inside a game/fantasy world" cliché.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:47 pm Reply with quote
best anime duel ever, winning without being overpowered or relying on luck, refreshing.

And is it just me or does the dullahan general come off as a tsundere character at the end heh
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:32 pm Reply with quote
#844391 wrote:
best anime duel ever, winning without being overpowered or relying on luck, refreshing.

Steal is completely reliant on Luck. If his luck wasn't so high, who knows what he would've stolen. A sock, maybe?
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:33 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
#844391 wrote:

Steal is completely reliant on Luck. If his luck wasn't so high, who knows what he would've stolen. A sock, maybe?

Hopefully the guy's underwear
chito895

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:15 pm Reply with quote
That hand sakuga, though.

After Konosuba stumbled horribly with episode 3, this last two have been very entertaining and funny, mostly because Darkness hasn't been as annoying as in Ep. 3. She works better giving little comments about how she would like to be at the center of the damage, not when she is the focus of the episode. Aqua, on the other hand, can carry the show over her shoulders all the way round. She's great as a lead, and most of the best scenes and little details (like when they're using her stick to dry their clothes) are related to her.

At first I had problems with the animation. Episode 1 looked horrible and didn't give good impressions. I also thought that the character designs were just really badly drawn. But over the course of the episodes, I've began to get used to them, and started thinking such designs really fit the show. And every episode offers, at least for a very brief moment, a very brilliant animation: the explosions and chanting from episode 2 and 4, Aqua's attacks from episode 2, and now the hand animation from episode 5, which was hilarious and a very good use of that bad joke from episode 3 . Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:59 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
#844391 wrote:

True, although ironically his good luck (plot armor) is actually explained in the story by his high luck stat which is not something that usually happens to most mc's heh
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9