• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fire Emblem Fates' Western Release Won't Include Japanese Audio

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoho5011

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:03 am Reply with quote
Forced english dub always ruin the game for me.
Amiantos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:45 am Reply with quote
The over all state of what Nintendo of America has left this game in has made me question their motives. I really feel at this point they're just trying to kill this franchise off in the west. A lot of the hardcore fans I've talked with have pretty much said this game is a pass to them. First was the original splitting of the game into 3 parts pretty much, then for the western release them just chunking out and censoring the game into what we have now.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:57 am Reply with quote
This game is becoming even more awesome than it already was. Thanks NoA.
chronos02

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:57 am Reply with quote
Well, after all they have done, it is blatantly clear that they don't give two f***s about long-time hardcore fans of the series, they butchered the game however they felt like it, and finally they force the buyers to listen to a subpar dub.

They have decided to aim the game to a newer, younger audience and that's it, and this being Nintendo, I seriously doubt they would have any problems, at all, to include the original dub in the game, they just don't want to, to keep hard-core fans away; that, or they are just stupidly lazy people.
Seiya0890

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:59 am Reply with quote
No Japanese audio ? Then I won't buy.
yappers4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:28 am Reply with quote
While I don't like the fact that the game is divided into three parts you have to buy separately, I understand that the censorship was done to make it less offensive to players who may feel uncomfortable if it were left intact. Secondly, sometimes it is difficult to include the Japanese voices in video games because the VAs are under a contract that may not allow their voices to be used in localizations outside of Japan. Third, despite these obvious facts, people will still complain and pitch a fit. Rolling Eyes Also, English dub or original Japanese dub is a matter of preferences. None is superior over the other and even if given a try, those who prefer Japanese voices will still be stubborn and say that the English voices are tehsux.
XSp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:32 am Reply with quote
Whelp. Hard pass.
Hansond Jaysond Lee

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:44 am Reply with quote
Good job, Nintendo.
Keep removing stuffs from your games.
That's a good thing, right?

I've been anticipating thing game for almost a year.
But I cant stand FE: Awakening english dub.
It ruined the experience for me.
But now a forced english dub?

Geez...
What a let down.
Not going to buy.
Just hoping for Monster Hunter X western release.
Rychy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:18 am Reply with quote
Get over this "censorship" and removal crap. None of the localization changes effect what a Fire Emblem game is. If these changes make you supposedly pass on this game you weren't really going to buy it anyways.

And Nintendo very rarely does dual audio, Awakening was the first Fire Emblem game to have it.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:28 am Reply with quote
Rychy wrote:
If these changes make you supposedly pass on this game you weren't really going to buy it anyways.

Unsubstantiated claim. Different people have different preferences. If I had a 3DS I'd likely pass on this game as well...
TrustTheFungus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:35 am Reply with quote
Rychy wrote:
Get over this "censorship" and removal crap. None of the localization changes effect what a Fire Emblem game is. If these changes make you supposedly pass on this game you weren't really going to buy it anyways.

And Nintendo very rarely does dual audio, Awakening was the first Fire Emblem game to have it.

That's good. I thought the actual developers of the game were the one who knew what should and should not be in the game. I'm glad we have someone here who can tell us what is important to a work of media.

If getting an accurate uncensored localization isn't important to you, that fine. It is important to others and there's no reason to act like a consumer is under some obligation to purchase a product they no longer want.
ArmyofDarkness

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:39 am Reply with quote
Rychy wrote:
Nintendo very rarely does dual audio, Awakening was the first Fire Emblem game to have it.

We thought it was a start of a good trend. You decide to use dual audio in one game then not the sequel, that's moving backwards. This localization is just one poor decision after another.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:40 am Reply with quote
OK, I can get the no-petting thing. However, I don't think it's a good idea to omit the Japanese audio. Seriously, at least appease those that prefer the subs with this.
kanjineogeo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:42 am Reply with quote
Just wait for an unofficial undub and uncensored patch for the game. Laughing
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:03 am Reply with quote
I remember when mugen souls came out on steam.
I was so glad I could switch to the original dub after the into, English VA really did not fit the female characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8