• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Twin Star Exorcists (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treeborn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Ah, once again Mayura heralds a good episode of Twin Star. Pretty obvious she's not going to win Roku over, so it's nice to see her own little romance building :p
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:51 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Mayura has grown into a pretty good character, so an episode with her is appreciated.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Episode 30

Yes, I cried like a little bitch. Sue me. I was sorry to see Sae go, but it had to be done. I won't really miss the Dragon Spot arc because I was getting tired of the Dragon Spots, but I will miss her. Ohagi Man just won't be the same...
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 31

A nice episode showing the Kinako-Benio backstory. Also feels like a good wrap-up to the Sae arc. I appreciated the respite from any Kegare/Basara/Magano stuff. Back at it next week, though.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Episodes 30, 31 and 32

I did not expect it to happen since it had been clear from the beginning that Sae was going to disappear, but I did actually cry, both when she was saying her goodbye, and with her picture book. Some episodes to just decompress from it were kind of okay, even if the Dragon spot arc was getting old, Kinako is not a very likable character, and one it was largely used as recaps.

Rocker basara returned, I kind of like it that her not really being up to anything kind of had our main characters just dance with her music. That they were finding that they are kind of lost in life and decided to just do something different.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:34 am Reply with quote
Rocker Chick Basara is one of the few Magano denizens who doesn't irritate me, ya know? By the way, Rokuro and Benio's dancing skills remind me of Elaine from "Seinfeld." Hey, I respect the kids ambition to become strong and different, but really if they wanted to be useful, they should just get to humping and produce the Miko.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 34

Really enjoyed the Sada-Miku mini-arc that played out over this episode and the last. The make for a very entertaining duo and I found their mutal backstory to be interesting. I'm glad the two got their revenge. I hope we get to see more of them in the future.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:11 pm Reply with quote
One thing that bugs me about this series is how weak Rokuro and Benio are. They're supposed to be pretty talented but outside of taking down mook kegare, their only significant victory was against Yuuto. Even after 2 years they can't seem to take down even a single Basara and they don't even come close to any of the 12 guardians. Is it too much to ask for protagonists who are useful in a fight?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:15 am Reply with quote
One of the things I have tried to get a hang of is that there is indeed more to being a guardian than being strong, and it may actually be unfair to compare. From how they have talked about the guardians, it has actually sounded like their power is not entirely their own, that to some extent they receive power from the title that they inherit, and they are largely a vessel for that power. It was what I was getting in how they were kind of implying that they new one to replace the guy who lost his arm, that he is no longer a good enough vessel for his position. There are other things too like I think the possibility of age being halted, that it is kind of inherent reason that general exorcists do not compare. And just looking at Rokuro and Benio, the level of their strength partly comes from their bodies being partially kegare, the mix of kegare and human is also what makes basara strong, so you wonder what is it that makes the guardians so strong.
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:43 pm Reply with quote
As I saw this quote in another discussion:

Quote:

Many of the stuffs of Twin Star Exorcist were made by the original author of the manga, so in some things the anime was ahead of the manga.

I wanna know if anyone has the interview to confirm please?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:04 am Reply with quote
Episode 39

Anybody out there still watching this? Anyway, I have to say that seeing Mayura smirk as she called Seigen "tsundere white tiger daddy" made me chuckle pretty damn hard.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:26 pm Reply with quote
It is like what I said before about comparing guardians to others in unfair. Even Mayura becomes a beast after getting some power of Byakko. So the twin star exorcists are rather impressive in not inheriting ancient power.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm still watching it. Made it this far and I'm genuinely enjoying the show enough to not bail on it.

It's an interesting approach to filler that you'll occasionally see: Major moments from later in the original story are incorporated into the filler, Mayura using Byakko being one of them. The inherent issue with filler is that it does nothing to further the story or characterization since all that stuff is saved for the source material. But the way Twin Stars does it even though this is a filler arc it feels like the developments within are actually important to the work as a whole.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 41

So new OP and ED. I like the new song better. I have mixed feelings about how things went down this eppie. On the one hand, it was kind of cool how Yuto was reintroduced. Pretty funny that Kuranashi thought he was getting to the culmination of his 1,200 year plan only to find out he was being played for a stooge at the end. Ha ha, sucks to be you.

But I kind of don't like Yuto's voice inflection sometimes. That soft-spoken thing and how he ends sentences. Oh well. I'm assuming the 12 Guardians aren't actually toast (except for poor Tatara). I wonder if Pervy Underpants Guy really is dead or is going to make a reappearance at some point?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:53 pm Reply with quote
By all rights all of those characters are now dead, with no way to save them, the show has done what the petrified thing means enough to know that is beyond gone. Which is going to make it so hard to find genuine when they bring all of them back to life somehow, because I know that this show cannot let it go this way, I am pretty sure this is essentially a filler anime original arc, and it is just making it feel cheap. And really it is making it even hard to feel that things could get back to normal since this show has been throwing in so many death, like the dragon spots, to losing so many of their exorcists, to what happened here. I am wondering if something like the dragonballs will come in. It would be ludicrous that after this there would not be drones of people asking why defence is not public interest, and calling in foreign aid.

Things feel to have gotten a little too serious.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5