• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Original Pokémon Soundtrack Issued on Limited Edition Pokéball Vinyl

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
se37

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:25 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
se37 wrote:
I brought one directly from the person who made these a while ago (for only $20) and while it is a bootleg just like all of the other vinyls they produce a majority of the money goes directly to Junici Masuda (minus manufacturing costs) so while it is a bootleg the original artist is getting the money.

So the original artist is supporting a bootleg?

Not really, the money made off of this does go to the original artist so they are getting the profits but it isn't approved nor disapproved. I brought it from a retro game collecting site where the person has done multiple vinyls of games in the past.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Looks pretty cool but it'a real shame that it's not even licensed, although since it's limited addition they'll probably sell out too quick and I doubt I'd be able to get one of them anyway Crying or Very sad
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:04 am Reply with quote
se37 wrote:

Not really, the money made off of this does go to the original artist so they are getting the profits but it isn't approved nor disapproved. I brought it from a retro game collecting site where the person has done multiple vinyls of games in the past.

So this is like limited print doujin music

Anybody making sure it is getting to the artist, and not just a mouthpiece?

Addendum:

leafy sea dragon wrote:

the "Gotta Catch 'Em All" slogan Nintendo dropped long ago

Uh-uh. Laughing

Pokémon TCG - The Official Pokémon Channel - TV ads

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7702B978C3732EAF
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:43 am Reply with quote
Well,I didn't say Nintendo stopped using them, just that they're downplaying it nowadays. Didn't expect them to reuse that slogan for the TCG though. But I guess it could refer to getting a complete collection of a set, which would be way easier than completing the Pokédex nowadays.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2