• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kuromukuro (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:52 am Reply with quote
Darkmagick wrote:
And she actually did do something the moment there seemed like a good chance that doing so would not result in her dying.

True, but then she just grabbed onto the railing like that would save her from a guy bent on killing her coming at her full tilt with a katana.

It occurs to me that part of the reason he was so shaken wasn't just because he killed a man with his own hands, probably for the first time, but because it was someone he thought he knew, someone with a name and rank from his old life. Someone who was supposed to be a comrade. Also, he'd made him question his own memories, which left him shaken.

I've also been thinking about the fact that one of them clearly has altered memories, and it seems apparent that it's the Efidolg who keep dropping in who've been changed. Maybe I have Naruto on the brain, but I think Hime-sama was actually the ET, and was visiting Earth in sort of a Kagara way, and she was the one who betrayed Efidolg by siding with the humans. In the first episode, she asks where the river goes and what's beyond it, and if she grew up there, she'd already know that. It's like they're giving her a tour of the place. They also mentioned kidnapping people, and Saito/Fusnarnie was probably one of those.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:23 am Reply with quote
Ep 12
For those that were complaining, Yukina finale has received a TRAINING MONTAGE! so she would at least not be a default damsel in distress, while she will never be some sort of front line fighter like Ken at the very least running away at a decent pace is now an option for her.

The follow up arc will be an infiltration story, so it will be intriguing to see what will happen.
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:27 am Reply with quote
Ep. 11

No one mentioned those morons from the U.N. I mean how stupid can you be. They believe someone that considered them as slave material, who's friends are kidnapping on mass and they fail to do the math. Ken escaped 4 times, death's 0 seriously injured 0, whereas Mr Efidolg escaped once, death's 4+ seriously injured 3 and even then they still suspect him.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12:

I wonder if Yukina does plan to use a gun in the future to protect herself.

Eh, this week's episode felt weird with the training, cosplay, etc. Although ...I guess a nice breather episode in the mid-season does seem needed. I think Yukina and Ouma's relationship has improved though given that he also got his choker thing removed from his neck.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

I found the episode quite funny. It gave Yukina a chance to hone herself a bit past regular high school girl, in a believable way, and humorous. Whether it was Yukina failing at maths more than Ken and making everyone duck in fear at the shooting range, or Ken trying to nonchalantly take a picture of the picture of the Mika in cosplay while calling it scandalous. I think the episode did a good amount of moving both characters forward, kind of skill wise and relationship wise. Sophie looked a bit jelly at one scene though.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:48 am Reply with quote
So everybody got a day off after Marine-dude gave them all a taste of what they've been dishing out to Kenosuke all along?

I don't think Sophie was jealous so much as just noticing that Kenosuke's starting to get attached to Yukina in more than a professional capacity. Sophie's only point of jealousy is that she can't fight in the Black Relic.

I still can't figure out how Kenosuke's hair works. If it's just a rat tail starting way up high, it ought not to stick out like that, but if he's got it tied up there, I've yet to spot the tie.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:48 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I don't think Sophie was jealous so much as just noticing that Kenosuke's starting to get attached to Yukina in more than a professional capacity. Sophie's only point of jealousy is that she can't fight in the Black Relic.

She is a bit of a fangirl of old Japanese things like the samurai, and he is one giving attention to someone who has not tried. And yeah jealousy of the relic is one thing, I do get a bit of a sense she has felt a little isolated, and that Ken being around the same age and like her trained to be a soldier, she feels a bit of a connection, yet Ken does put in some extra energy in regards to her. Not saying it is simply jealous over wanting a boy or something, but also of the raised effect that she cannot even complain now that Yukina does not try, because Yukina actually has, so other emotions will come in rather than simply looking down on her as a civilian.

Sophie so far has been a bit of an unexplored character, but I do think that there are small hints of complexity, and that look she gave seeing Ken giving approval of Yukina and also getting flustered.
Merida

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:29 am Reply with quote
With most of the other shows of the season ending, i finally found the time to catch up on this show and i have tro say that i'm not impressed.

It looks like the creators just took everything they liked - mecha, samurai, aliens, time travel, awkward romance, cute girls giving each other massages... - put it into a pot and stirred while hoping that something palatable would come out. Sure, it's entertaining enough, but i don't really care about any of the "good guys" and the "bad guys" have just been cookie-cutter evil so far...my favourite character is probably that pilot who's every other word is some kind of profanity, he's fun at least. If he ever dies (or the new season starts), i'm not sure i'll stay interested enough to keep up with this.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13:

Honestly, the first half of this episode bored me with the awkward comedy. The cosplay and festival really is a contrast in mood compared to some of the previous episodes s well.

However, that ending has my attention. I mean, why would Yuki-hime (as Ouma seems to recognize the assailant at the festival) attempt to attack Yukina and him?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 13:

Honestly, the first half of this episode bored me with the awkward comedy. The cosplay and festival really is a contrast in mood compared to some of the previous episodes s well.

However, that ending has my attention. I mean, why would Yuki-hime (as Ouma seems to recognize the assailant at the festival) attempt to attack Yukina and him?

The detail is in the eyes, the flash back of Yuki-hime pretty much resembled the cosplaying Yukina of today,spoiler[ if Yukina was somehow an earth based descendent of Yuki-hime, then it might be possible that there was a lineage of hers that "returned to the space kingdom", unless the show wants to stomp all over that theory of either and/or both.
It would also make some sense to why they are kidnapping earthlings as a means to bio-diversifie there race in the long run, long term infusion of nano-tech may screw with genetics. ]
zztop

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:57 am Reply with quote
This question is for ANN's board of reviewers.

Now that Netflix's releasing the 1st 13 episodes of Kuromukuro for international viewers, does ANN intend to do a review of the 1st half? Netflix's hold on the title meant this series has probably flown under a lot of people's radars until now.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:10 am Reply with quote
Episode 13

That was a big twist of an ending, I did not see that coming. Is it the same Yuki hime, perhaps brainwashed? Is it a by chance descendant, like the joke just earlier that 3 people could look the same? Theorise so far have been of possible brainwashing, and although I did not actively think about it before I think body swapping is another possibility.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:30 am Reply with quote
I think the 3-people lookalike theory was a red herring (or how the scientists will write off whatever Kenosuke has to say in the aftermath), since Saito/Fusnarnie was from Kenosuke's time period and hasn't aged a day (probably due to nanites). I think it's more likely that she survived the destruction of her mech, was (re)captured, and has since been Fusnarnie-ized.

It's interesting though that the L-elfdogs are so reluctant to actually invade. What's up with that?
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:35 am Reply with quote
EP 13

It is his princes who like Fusnarnie has undergone reconditioning. The question is how will they defeat the enemy at the gate and if they can capture the princes how will they bring her back to normal.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Ep 14
The Efidolg are certainly not a united group and some seem to favor battle glory over tactics.
The biggest mystery factor comes with the Oni rescuer, but just as well his identity and potential new faction is just as mysterious as Yukihime's return and seeming betrayal to Ken.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 11