• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RSS feed problem

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kolibri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Hi,

Ever since the new layout, looks like the RSS feed hasn't been updating (bloglines.com gives me the useful "feed error" error message). Has the feed been moved to a different URL or has it been scrapped altogether?

Any help would be much appreciated, I love my RSS.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:18 am Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
kolibri

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:23 am Reply with quote
Thanks. I re-subscribed and it's working now... don't know what the problem was. And cheers for the Answerman and Reviews feeds too, I didn't know they existed Smile

BTW, you could give image privileges to bloglines.com, the images in Answerman feed show up us "host your own images" image.
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Can the RSS Feed page be update with a list of feeds? It just has the news feed link.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
isaacada1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:47 am Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:57 am Reply with quote
Still not working for me, it's coming up completely empty.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:03 am Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
Still not working for me, it's coming up completely empty.

It has been down for over two days. I've already alerted senior staffs and they are working on it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:20 pm Reply with quote
They're working for me. Didn't even realize ANN had an RSS feed til today. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Zarabadoo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:43 am Reply with quote
It looks like there are problems again at least. At least this time it looks like whatever CMS is being used it capturing the page and wrapping the header and footer information of the page around the actual feed. (I looked at the source code.) This thus causes a non-valid XML file. It was working before the latest template switchover.

All the other feeds are the same way.
Karasuhebi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:57 pm Reply with quote
So what's the status on the RSS Feed? None of the feeds are working for me, still. The only one that's working is the Staff Blog one.

-Karasuhebi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Features hasn't been working for the longest time. The last one I recieved was 1/7/2007. Everything else (News, Reviews, Blog) has been working for me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Karasuhebi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Well, none of the feeds (except for the blog one) is working for me. I just checked.

-Karasuhebi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jtnishi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:32 am Reply with quote
Zarabadoo seems to definitely be right on this one: the news system being used is improperly putting template code on the outside of the RSS feeds, in violation of it's spec, so it's been breaking my reader code too. Sad
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:09 am Reply with quote
Error message of animenewsnetwork.com/newsfeed/rss.xml

Code:
XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Line Number 14, Column 88:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/stylesheets/cde/cde.css?page_end&narrow" media="screen, projection, tv"/>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:28 am Reply with quote
Sorry about that. It's fixed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2