• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
High School Fleet (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:14 am Reply with quote
Vicente Gallardo Carroza wrote:

And also, about the infected rats, do they are a human made plague? or are for the past war or something? certainly or they ar from the enemy country to make a new war, or the rats somehow survived and mutated and caused the actual events, only hope they explain the rats things soon.

If it was just the virus it might have mutated, but you can't mutate something the shuts down electronics. As for the reason it sounds like there is someone who wants to shutdown the school programs. If that is the case is it just the girls program, that is because so far the only ships that have been totally effected are the girls. There is the one exception is the boys sub which may have had ulterior motives for attacking, because so far the rats have only effected the electronics on the boys surface ships.

I think we will find that the reason for the girls ships that weren't effected, is because they have cats on board.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:30 am Reply with quote
Cats and distance. If you look at the updated map of lost ships, they're still clustered around the original outbreak, but spreading outward from when we previously saw the map.

I thought the sub attacked because they were still listed as mutinied then and they were told to stop them?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:02 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

That was great, even if somewhat overwhelmed she kind of got the message and kept to her post as captain during an emergency should. And Munetani took to onsite instead, something reasonable, and kind of got an understanding of what Misaki also believes. It came across that none of them is sure of themselves, but they took action to the best of their ability anyway because they cannot let that stop them, and it helped them grow.

The professionals were good, but as with that focus of one of them, they are people too, the main troop may eventually get to such a level themselves.

I know the show throws a lot of manipulative things in, but I still think it was good.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 5:55 am Reply with quote
Was that a Nagato class Battleship sailing through the fog at the end? Things could be getting interesting. Very Happy
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:58 am Reply with quote
I wonder if they will be targeted since they are the one who are thwarting the plans of those who created the rat/hamster?

This was a good episode getting to see that they aren't just high schoolers but vary competent navel personnel, they have shown it here and there but this episode for me drove it home. I also liked how the Captain even though she was torn up with anxiety put a cap on it and continued to give clear and concise orders.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

Pretty good episode and a decent skirmish between the Harakaze and the Hiei... Well it was more cat and mouse between the two. The only slight problem I had was that grounding the Hiei was only half the battle. The BB's guns would still have been operational even when stationary, but they ignored that completely.

What was up with the ass groping at the end? That was just... well... wierd...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:11 am Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:

Clearly that older sister is eccentric.

It actually got pretty tense in the episode.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 1:22 am Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
Episode 8

We have seen that type of character archetype before... but in this context without any precedent it feels (hyuk) a bit much to put such a character in the show at such a late stage.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

That was fun! I do have the feeling that this isn't the last we'll see of the 'Admiral Spee' . This kind of reminds me of Star Trek, when the officers of the bridge crew, engineering, security and medical would all go on 'away' missions... Basically screwing the ship if something was to happen to them.

"If they hit us, even just once we'll explode... [Turret 3 destroyed]... One more hit... [Turret 2 damaged]... Just one more! [Firing operations destroyed]..."

Thought that was pretty funny. Now to get back to hunting for the Musashi!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:24 pm Reply with quote
We got the captain going back out, but it is established that she is a good pilot of the vehicle where it hinged on a good pilot, while keeping a lot of the ship combat crew on station. The ship ended up in a bad way in taking damage.
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Machiko's cool. No wonder she's got fans! Count me in too. And she's voiced by the best seiyuu! Too bad she doesn't have many lines...
pinoyfreestyler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Damn this show is fun.

spoiler[And it looks like they saved the crew of the Graf Spee ship........and Mina-chan has to go back to her ship. Coco-chan is sad Crying or Very sad ]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

A breather episode, something they apparently needed to relieve the high stress. It was instigated by the head engineer which has been put across is one of the highest stressed on the ship so logically the rest of the crew had to follow through. Although it did not start too well with a number of them not taking it seriously enough. It kind of felt like multiple characters letting some stress out or the like, such as Kouko being a bit down after being separated from Mii-chan. Had the bonus of focusing on some of the characters that are less focused on.

Feels like calm before the storm.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:22 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

I got about 3 min past the OP, skipped ahead to the adults having a normal conversation at a pitch level that didn't make my ears bleed, and then ffw through the rest, hoping to find something worth watching. Roll credits.

How the hell did they get down to crossing the equator?? That seems seriously off-course...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

Well that was a kind of crazy battle, took quite a bit of damage and had to improvise. Hopefully they got important things off the ship... because it is unlikely they will be taking it back. But it was a kind of sweet end where the ship had somehow managed to stay together all that time, a salute kind of felt right at the end. But I imagine someone would be telling them to stop standing around, there is expensive equipment in there.

I enjoyed High School Fleet, it is another in a list of shows of girls doing things you do not usually see girls doing, especially the military type ones. If you had seen Girls und Panzer, liked it and could see yourself getting into a more navel battle anime, that seems like a good choice. I don't think it is as good as Girls und Panzer, but not too far off in spirit. Some might compare it to KanColle, but I personally don't see it as a strong connection beyond ships, where KanColle uses girls to represent whole ships and recreates WW2 battles, there is more of a team thing when you have an extended cast that all have their roles within the military vehicles. The other part that can attract audiences other than military stuff is the cast of eccentric crew, and although I don't think there was enough to highlight the whole cast as its predecessor, there was enough that there are a few character I quite like. Although this side is probably something that will turn off people who are not into it.

Main plot may have not been too realistic with the virus, but it was still fun and I enjoyed the mystery up to finding out what was happening. The animation in general looked nice and I don't recall there really being any drops. There were a few breaks from the plot of naval battle, and I found them pretty understandable and did not break it too much. I give a rating of Good (7/10), it was worth seeing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4