• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World- (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:00 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
But Satella isn't a broke kid. Smile If she had been the one to help his child, it wouldn't have reminded the seller of Subaru.

She said in the first episode that she does not have any money either, that she is also broke, this was when he initially brought her back to the vendor. I like to think that Subaru is not too different from their nature.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:03 am Reply with quote
But why would he know she was broke? Unlike Subaru, she had no reason to seek information from him or anything else, knowing she had no money. She knows how this world works. If she came there with his lost child, he wouldn't be asking her to buy things from him. Also if it was her, I'd think he'd use a word that indicated the person was a girl rather than a boy, but as far as I can hear, he used the same term.

It might not even mean anything at all (he'd already decided to help her after seeing the tomato crushed), but either way, I don't think it was her that brought the child back. I thought he was just thinking that it was the child's fate that someone would help her get home.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:43 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
But why would he know she was broke? Unlike Subaru, she had no reason to seek information from him or anything else, knowing she had no money. She knows how this world works. If she came there with his lost child, he wouldn't be asking her to buy things from him. Also if it was her, I'd think he'd use a word that indicated the person was a girl rather than a boy, but as far as I can hear, he used the same term.

Slightly more aimless without Subaru and a girl by herself she may have followed them and went back to the stall, seeing her alone without the preconception of being with that kid who was bother him before and that she helped his daughter, the man offers her some food. "Sorry, I don't have any money, I cannot pay for that." Hearing that some broke kid would go out of her way put him in an extra good mood that he will even be nice to that kid from earlier.

Well those are guesses about how it could go. Remember, Japanese does lack a number of gender identifiers that may mean the man would not use something that would imply gender. On the side it does actually seem to be a fact that you might not even call "Satella" a "kid" since she implies that she is older than she looks probably from her elf side, although it is rather difficult to pick up this since her hair covers them most of the time that it was slightly before the reveal of this that I myself realised they were pointed.

But still she looks like a late teen / young adult, and it is not out of likelihood a grown man like that would call such a person a "kid".
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:30 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

He finally got past day 1, if only just. None the less I imagine he did make good with Emilia, Felt, Reinhard and probably Rem. Hopefully he can reach a save point to keep his progress. I think that it was all surprisingly good.

And just as it felt like we were wrapping things up, some new story may have started with a secret about Felt that she is not aware of. I wonder what it might be.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:10 am Reply with quote
Well, you were right, it was her. Smile

I wonder what it was that tripped him to whatever it was about Felt that he keyed in on? The insignia wasn't hers, she just stole it and was clearly returning it, so it's like he looked at her gloved hand and went, "Omg, you're ___!" He mentioned a crime, but even if someone trying to get hold of her insignia was significant, it doesn't explain him asking about her personal info. Maybe the insignia or its stone is some fantabulous magical object that only people of a certain lineage can safely hold in their hand or something without it destroying them. Have we seen anyone other than Felt and Emilia holding it?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:49 am Reply with quote
I guess it could be something only a select few could hold, but I am thinking it might just be who her family might have been.

Crazy theory time Felt is actually someone like a princess where her family were killed and her existence is going to be important in stopping some sort of apocalyptic event. The crime happening in front of her might be leaving a princess any longer in the gutters, he recognised her because he happened to.... recognise the gloves as a gift given to the young princess.

Yeah, my imagination is kind of running a bit.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:50 am Reply with quote
Well, scrap that theory, the old guy held it in the first episode. Smile Could be her gloves, but it seems like he'd have noticed them sooner, and if they were a gift, since she can't remember her real name or birthday, they probably wouldn't have fit her when she would have received them. Unless her memory has recently been wiped, but it sounds like she's been with the old guy for a long time. But obviously she's the long lost somebody or other.
Iron Maw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:47 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Well, you were right, it was her. Smile

I wonder what it was that tripped him to whatever it was about Felt that he keyed in on? The insignia wasn't hers, she just stole it and was clearly returning it, so it's like he looked at her gloved hand and went, "Omg, you're ___!" He mentioned a crime, but even if someone trying to get hold of her insignia was significant, it doesn't explain him asking about her personal info. Maybe the insignia or its stone is some fantabulous magical object that only people of a certain lineage can safely hold in their hand or something without it destroying them. Have we seen anyone other than Felt and Emilia holding it?

Look at the scene again, it's kinda of quick but the insignia looked like it was glowing when it was in Felt's hand.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:39 pm Reply with quote
I hope there are check points or save points. It would be suck for him to start all over again every time he spoiler[dies]
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Just got caught up on this series. It's much better than I expected, BTW.

Regarding Felt, I am pretty sure the issue has to do with the Insignia (I can't watch the episode at the moment). Also, there is the question of who wants the Insignia (had an underling hire Felt to steal it) and why. But it's pretty clear that our Knight has twigged onto something about Felt, and seemed to expect that Emilia would figure out what it was (which she still hadn't done at the end of the episode).

Then there's Subaru. Lots of unanswered questions regarding him. OTOH, in regards to his ability (or, perhaps, what happens to him), it would seem to NOT be a Groundhog's Day issue (though we won't know for sure until he wakes up the next day). In Groundhog's Day, no matter what happened, the MC would wake up in bed at 6AM. It didn't matter if he lived, died, or whatever. If Subaru wakes up to a new day in the next episode, then it means that he's not simply reliving the same day... this is more like "Edge of Tomorrow" scenario, I think. Not Groundhog's Day.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:52 pm Reply with quote
For a guy SO inquisitive, Natsuki kind of failed the spot check that the "less useful" maid sister had the skill trait of being an assassin.

The only question now is "why" kill him in his sleep.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, didn't really enjoy this episode. I realize we got little bits of information, but it sort of felt like we were just wasting time, trying to get to the last second twist. Oh well, next episode should be a good one.

Also, it kind of irked me that Felt and that old guy never crossed his mind on those few days he spent in the castle. I mean, they were a major part of his time loop, so I would think he'd at least drop a "I wonder how Felt has been doing since that night?" or something. He bonded with her, after all. Sigh. He claims to be some kind of expert of flags and events and stuff, but he's basically as dense as every other harem MC.
Sobe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:40 pm Reply with quote
I totally did not see the ending coming from episode 4. Even being a sadist that is a bit much to do to the main character.

If he can't even control it this could turn out to be a very long yet ironically short anime. I do love the ending theme though. Against all expectations Reinhardt was definitely dreamy. I hope we get to so more of him too.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:26 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
For a guy SO inquisitive, Natsuki kind of failed the spot check that the "less useful" maid sister had the skill trait of being an assassin.

The only question now is "why" kill him in his sleep.

Oh, that might actually explain it. Subaru assumed their skills were spread over being maids was confused why one was general worse at it than the other, but logically there would be more to it since they seem to be two of the only ones in the mansion. A small detail from Rem mentioned Ram's skill at a knife which implied that Ram is just there for her sister to enjoy, or Ram's skill are down that way.

Young twins called Rem and Ram are somewhat like Ram and Rom from Neptunia. Funny how he can keep finding the door to Beatrice's room. I do wonder what the master's angle is, why he stand for Emilia despite apparently a dislike for half-elves, but his ears also look a bit pointy.
Iron Maw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:05 am Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
Hmm, didn't really enjoy this episode. I realize we got little bits of information, but it sort of felt like we were just wasting time, trying to get to the last second twist. Oh well, next episode should be a good one.

Also, it kind of irked me that Felt and that old guy never crossed his mind on those few days he spent in the castle. I mean, they were a major part of his time loop, so I would think he'd at least drop a "I wonder how Felt has been doing since that night?" or something. He bonded with her, after all. Sigh. He claims to be some kind of expert of flags and events and stuff, but he's basically as dense as every other harem MC.

He knows their were both fine before he feel unconscious that is why he isn't worried. If anything he himself was in biggest danger after Elsa left. So there isn't much to think about. He knows Felt can take care of herself as well as Rom.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 24