• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ace Attorney (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:11 am Reply with quote
It has always kind of given me the feeling of despite being modern, it is kind of meant to feel a bit archaic, like how the holding cell looks like something from the past, and mediums are a thing. Feeling almost samurai like in trying to act out justice, when the logic is almost superstitious with its level, and can be controlled by those in power or doing the accusation.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:48 pm Reply with quote

If anyone decides to dub this, I wish them luck.

Last edited by ParaChomp on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:46 am; edited 2 times in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:11 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
If anyone decides to dub this, I wish them luck.

ParaChomp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:34 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
snip
I find the translators of the games for the most part did a really good job at altering the Japanese setting into an American setting when it didn't involve Japanese mythology. That said, dubbing is a different beast than translation. Dub dialogue is based on syllables and a slew of the American names are either short or a mouthful.

Lastly, the sakura trees. My lord, the sakura trees.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 4:

Konoka really is a freak. Glad to hear the true story after that receipt (more specifically the date) is analyzed. Seriously, it's about time justice was served.

I didn't find the case to be difficult to solve at all with some obvious hints already. Haven't played the game before but this case felt rather comedic. Thanks Konoka. His reactions were rather priceless.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hikari14

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, this one struck way too close to home. Mayoi reminds me of myself.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Thanks Konoka. His reactions were rather priceless.

Reactions are the bread and butter.

I... I need to find a different source to watch this. The one I have been using has decided to use English translations. I also start bursting out laughing when Mayoi/Maya is clearly saying Miso Ramen but the subtitles are saying "hamburgers", especially since I linked that comic last time. Before long there will be "jelly filled donuts".
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:40 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

I... I need to find a different source to watch this. The one I have been using has decided to use English translations.[

Who are you using? CR has two subtitle tracks, the localized one (Phoenix Wright in place of Naruhodo) and the Japanese name ones. Assuming you're using HS, you should be able to change the tracks if you right click the player and click something like subtitle tracks.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:59 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:

I... I need to find a different source to watch this. The one I have been using has decided to use English translations.[

Who are you using? CR has two subtitle tracks, the localized one (Phoenix Wright in place of Naruhodo) and the Japanese name ones. Assuming you're using HS, you should be able to change the tracks if you right click the player and click something like subtitle tracks.

Arrr! I am not allowed to say, arrr, but it is connected to how I find out something is out despite no official releases. Although I really need to man up and just get a subscription to Crunchyroll, there have been some pretty funny ads for it on Game Grumps.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 5:

This week's episode has a superhero being accused of murder. Yeah, there's something that doesn't add up and the security Oldbag is hiding something. So priceless to see her react during the trial lol

This trial feels kinda poetic for some reason.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Noctis313

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:21 am Reply with quote
the first chapters of the game are like tutorials, so the anime right now will get very interesting
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 12:39 am Reply with quote
Oh Oldbag. It delivered on some moments I wanted like her getting Edgeworth flustered and even the Judge getting her name wrong.

I am kind of quite liking animation style where it is using characters falling into their poses. The adaptions of Mia's aside comments or Wright's internal straightman reactions to silly things.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 6:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Oh I think the case is close to being solved after this week's episode. As usual, Mayoi freaking out is priceless. For some reason, I kinda liked the way they are building up the suspense for the Samurai case, more entertaining than the previous one so far.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:35 am Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Well that was a better than I had expected especially the latter half of the court case.
I was also somewhat surprised that Mitsurugi colluded with the defense after realizing who the real culprit is. Didn't find the case itself that complex though as everything still tied back to Himegami.

Glad to see justice delivered in the end!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 9:16 pm Reply with quote
They did manage to finish this case well for the next arc.

I thought the scene where Maya with a straight face points out that Edgeworth got the name wrong Wright says he does not want to correct him, was quite funny.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3