• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Endride (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:44 pm Reply with quote

Endride (TV)

Genres: Fantasy
Themes:

Plot Summary: Endra is an unknown world beneath the surface of Earth itself. It is another world, where the giant Adamas shines above and seven-colored bands drift across the skies. One day, Shun Asanaga — an ordinary yet positive and bright 15-year-old middle school boy who lived in the "Land Above" — discovered a mysterious crystal at his scientific businessman father's company, and the moment he touched the crystal, he was transported to Endra. He meets the recently captured 16-year-old Prince Emilio, who strongly despises the current King Deruzain and was imprisoned after seeking vengeance against the current monarch.
----------------------------------

An original 2-cour show by Brain's Base.

Somewhat interesting premise with potential in a fantasy world. For some reason, I'm getting some Arata Kangatari vibes from this...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1:

Yeah, that was kinda strange. It takes place in the real life with the protagonists at first in a normal environment and Shun seemingly having a normal life.

I feel kinda underwhelmed by the first episode. It's not bad but just feels kinda uninteresting. Although by storytelling standards, Emilio has more control of his powers. Wish we knew more about him but I guess we'll find out for rest of the season. It has 24 episodes (2 cour) so plenty to develop. The theme songs are alright so far imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sobe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:57 pm Reply with quote
The opening theme and visuals were a disappointment. Or maybe I'm setting the bar too high. As far as the anime itself I was satisfied. I just hope it gets better because I am still interested. It is definitely a series I'm looking forward to. Very Happy Let's hope it'll stay around long enough to entertain all of us instead of leaving us with a cliff hanger (given the type of anime and plot).
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

"How did you get here?"
"I have no idea what is happening"
"Silence!"
Did they want him to answer their question or not, or did we just need a scene of the guards are "bad" guys, which came off super clumsy. He totally then the next second without thinking attacks these and lets a random prisoner escape, which seems kind of character, especially when he pulls it off a second time, going from normal person to without thinking trying to kill someone with his magic sword.

Activate the gems and grip the shaft of your weapon. Yeah, the is some super homoeroticism in this show. But lets not be too judgemental. You really could pick up the atmosphere by the OP alone before the characters even meet each other. In regards it makes me think a little of Buddy Complex. Oh god I laughed at not only buff lion man the blue guy.

I tried to keep an open mind, but this episode was pretty awful. I know that we are meant to quickly understand that he has gone from the surface to underground, but it feels like it is a big leap that the prince character makes to have this understanding. I kind of look forward to the girl and little dragon thing might add to everything, but so far it feels a bit like I am putting up with quite a bit.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:30 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
...grip the shaft of your weapon. Yeah, the is some super homoeroticism in this show.

How else do you fight with a sword? oO Aside from the prince's outfit, I think they've been pretty low key on the subtext.

I was kinda worried about him spending all this time in the other world with his parents wondering what happened to him, but then I realized his father knows exactly where he is, since the opening scene showed us he's been there himself. Meeting with the evil king (unless the winged shoulders are the getup of whoever the current king is, in which case it was probably the dead one). Ruh-roh...

I think the only thing that really bugged me in the episode was that he knew the PIN for the display case of the gem. Seems like something he'd want to keep safer than using the same PIN that his son knows for apparently everything in the building.
xyz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:08 am Reply with quote
I was thinking of continue watching this if there is actually bl in here which would be the only possible interesting thing about this but then the boys aren't even that hot. Oh vell.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

so if it got light from one of the polls, where it goes into night mode when it is night above, wouldn't a day last an entire year? Around the polls specifically there is no even night or day cycle and in some places half the year is light while the other half dark. Maybe I misheard it but some of the explanation made little sense.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:45 pm Reply with quote
No, I think you heard it right, because that's exactly what I was thinking. I just have to chalk it up to them having wrong information and actually just being in a really big cave, because Hollow Earth theory is as ridiculous as Flat Earth theory. Smile

I really hope they stop bickering soon. Tsundere boys constantly screaming at each other is only just slightly more tolerable than tsundere girls. I mean, how is it possible that in a cute-guys-doing-adventure-things series (and I use the word "cute" advisedly), the character I like the most is the side-kick girl? Something is seriously wrong here. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1