• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
And you thought there is never a girl online? (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 12:34 pm Reply with quote
So Rusian has a cute little sister. Can't wait for the episode when the little sister finds out about Ako or meets her.

And we are going to have a beach episode soon. Woo.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

As I said last episode, they are pretty much for all intents and purposes already dating, Ako already seems quite proud of their couple status. She is already in the "wife" mindset, so of course she would think being asked to be his "girlfriend" would be rejected. Logically rather than attaching the title for "declaring his love" he should have just meant what he said, explained for the "RL game". Knew the girls would not be of much use, not for anything inherent but because there is already an established lack of caring for the relationship thing.

The forcing person who avoids studying to do so is always a kind of funny plot. I kind of want to see Ako have continued character growth.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

The confession scene was perfect on spot, definitely the highlight moment imo for the episode.

So yeah, I think it's becoming a trend that about half way through a show, we get the fan service/swimsuit episode so here it was. Girls looked great as well. That ending is such a tease though lol.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm quite enjoying this show.

So sailor uniform swimsuits are a thing? Sensei's swimsuit was disappointing though Razz . Ako's reaction to seeing Rusian's junk was surprising. And Rusian's account got stolen it seems. Someone must have installed a keylogger or something on that public computer. Tsk, tsk, tsk, you gotta be careful when using public computers.

Well retrieving a stolen account might be a pain. Don't know how Rusian will prove it's his account to the customer service, but if the email wasn't changed then he should be able to reset the password. Otherwise just tell the customer support to reset the password and revert the email back to what it was. Of course it's hard to say what kind of customer support that game has so retrieving the account might be tricky. In WoW, at least, you'll get back your account in minutes and they'll often even give you back all the characters, items and gold, but WoW has super awesome customer support.

So clearing up all that mess might get difficult. Looking forward to the next episode.

On a relevant note... Few months back my "other" PSN account got stolen. I just had to contact the support and ask them to revert the email to what it was. I never used that account, I just made it years back so that I could access the US PS Store. The account has nothing on it and it has bogus names, addresses all that. Probably it got stolen because I never changed the password for it (there was a big leak in 2011). Guy must have been surprised to find out that a password from the 2011 leak worked and equally surprised to find out the account has literally nothing on it. Well just now, I tried to access the account just for the heck of it, just to find out that it was suspended. Well it only took a few minutes to contact support and get the reason why it was suspened. Turns out there was an over $100 debt on the account because of the thief (when I retrieved it few months ago when it got stolen I noticed that the thief had bought FIFA points for it). Of course that account had none of my credit card info or anything so I didn't lose any money. Well they're gonna clear all that out for me. All this for an account that I don't even use. A wild-goose chase for me and the thief. I guess it was an interesting experience.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I don't think a day is enough of a break from net games to have much of an effect to be "enjoying youth". Interesting that Ako has some cooking skills, I was waiting when we might see what competencies she has.

Bath walk in. Ako wanted to see more. I liked the teasing of sunblock, and the reaffirmation of BBQ.

A little startling that it appears that it appears he has had his account stolen before his girlfriend (game wife) has decided on more intimate chatting. It is probably a good plot point for the idea of game persona vs an actual person. Although who knows what the effect might be to Ako.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:50 am Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Ah I knew it! Rusian got phished, literally. The Internet can be a dangerous place...he should be more careful but I'm glad that they resolved the problem. And plus, the episode shows how much Ako trusts him.

Eh, the ending made this episode look like a finale imo. I mean, the wedding....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:33 pm Reply with quote
All's well that ends well. I like that Rusian is taking things fairly slow. He is not constantly trying to tell Ako that they're not really married. Those two are taking things at their own pace and I think they're doing just fine.

Now monsters picking up items dropped by players? That's... interesting.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Ep 8
I gotta agree with the account thief's assessment of creating a pseudo website with enough falsified posts with a convincing amount that appears to be a years worth of thread activity within what seems to be a few days.

Rusian has a potential career with that level of work in such a short amount of time.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:01 am Reply with quote
Trying to understand it more. So he was able to get his account back after contacting admin, but they were not will to role back his account then? Did they not think there was enough evidence that some outside party had stolen his account and his items? So in the end he was able to get enough evidence of who it actually was?

An adult would/should have told the kids that the plan is kind of dangerous in a sense that they were dealing something that could actually get the police involved.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:14 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Trying to understand it more..

I wouldn't bother. What gamers know about how a gaming company actually works is about what Hachiko's dog knows about dog food getting into cans.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 9:

This episode felt a bit different to me. Mostly, I think it's because Rusian didn't get much screen time (maybe 10-15 seconds the entire episode?) at all. Ako got along with most of the other girls despite her lack of common sense.

So yeah, not too much happening except for a girls only episode. I also think this show really has a fascination about weddings.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:08 pm Reply with quote
That was kind of a weak episode and I can't believe I'm saying this but I really missed Rusian. There just seemed to be this big void that they couldn't fill when he's not around.
Sette is quite the enigma to me. I don't really understand her role in the show at all, other than being Akane's friend... Not even as a potential love interest for Nishimura, or If she's meant to be the 'normie' to Ako's 'non-normie', that's not working or being exploited either.

While I think Ako's 'the best thing since sliced bread', she does get a tad annoying at times when (funnily enough) Nishimura isn't there to reel her in.

So yeah, more Rusian and Nekohime-nyan week please!
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
That was kind of a weak episode and I can't believe I'm saying this but I really missed Rusian. There just seemed to be this big void that they couldn't fill when he's not around.

I agree. I found this episode a bit boring. There were a few moments that made me chuckle, but it was mostly kinda meh. The episode felt drawn-out. I was hoping Rusian would appear in the second half but, to my dissappointment, he didn't (expect for that cameo at the end).
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
While I think Ako's 'the best thing since sliced bread', she does get a tad annoying at times when (funnily enough) Nishimura isn't there to reel her in.

I don't. A guy that age will often not have enough experience to realize it, but a girl that is that clingy and needy becomes an absolute pain to have around before very long.

The fact that she "needs" him to even behave properly is a really bad sign.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Stare long enough into the Ako, the Ako stares back into you.

I think of it that Ako spending time away from him and with just the girls has been a time coming.

I thought Ako tricking Schwein with the water was funny. It kind of felt like fun little teasing, which is how I chose to translate the calling her logic brainwashing, not serious but then going to him and saying they need his help. Actually kind of how I have pictured quite a bit of this show, the characters often just messing around a bit. Part here was getting Ako open enough to do it with Sette.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5