• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hundred (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

Claire, who talks so much about what a proper slayer should do, kinda failed in sentry duty. You're supposed to watch over the others, not go swimming in the lake because your clothes got dirty.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
You're supposed to watch over the others, not go swimming in the lake because your clothes got dirty.

There was very little going on in that episode that had anything to do with professionalism.

That Claudia has to be the most annoying bint to show up in any anime in quite a while. Certainly this season.

And Claire is simultaneously supposed to be the top bad-ass fighter yet she slips in the mud twice. On top of that she has transitioned to being the lofty bitch who would throw anyone out of the Garden for being late but now is all dewy over Emile. Bleh.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:30 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
On top of that she has transitioned to being the lofty bitch who would throw anyone out of the Garden for being late but now is all dewy over Emile. Bleh.

It was annoying because I knew that this terrible character inconsistency would show up. At this point it almost makes sense that it would have been one of her hard ass followers had done it instead as a means of enforcing Claire's authority and it transitioned a bit differently into the two of them fighting over it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:44 am Reply with quote
I think after watching this week's episode, I'm starting to like Claire a bit more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

Hayato giving into pressure way too easily. And while Emilia doesn't have big breasts, they are not tiny either so it always puzzles me where she hides them when she's wearing the male combat suit.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:11 pm Reply with quote
@Cam0

Boobs have their own dimension. How do you think girls hide weapons in their cleavage? Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't the point with those two girls dressed as maids because they were understaffed? But there was a huge amount of maids inside and no one else.
Rockweaver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I keep hoping that something will happen that is fun....
the maid cafe is just one more in the line of tropes that have shown up in this series.

Hayato little sister.. now going to be a star... wonder what happens next.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Rockweaver wrote:
Hayato little sister.. now going to be a star... wonder what happens next.

I just found that to be annoying and sappy. What happens next will be unicorn farts.

And Emilia need to just cut it out already and just be a girl. It isn't as iff there is any big prohibition against girl fighters.
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

Such an awe-inspiring concert. So many still images. Wow.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

The animation was utterly atrocious, the concert was kind of a train wreck. I think it tried to bank on atmosphere alone because they were not going to be able to animate it along with everything else, but it just did not work. They actually tried putting in some moving cherry blossom petals to say that they are still animating, but it just made it looks all the more awkward as we see the petals moving over a still image. There had to be a better way to go about it, even if they did not have the resources to do much.

It was not like the images used were even that interesting or detailed, in fact some of them looked really oversaturated and just confused what they were trying to do. If they could not get the, to move much, they should have found a way to sell that feeling with just images not necessarily saying what the audience literally sees on the stage, but how they might feel. And explain the differences by having audience move a bit, say it is an artistic choice. instead they actually did at one point have her move her arms, that again just feels like they are saying they tried, but you viewers are just going to have to watch something under-animated.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Such an awe-inspiring concert.

And even more awesome battle command drama.

"Those bees didn't come from nowhere."

"They're huge!"

(Let's yak a bit while the barrier is being destroyed.)

"I won't let anyone be harmed."

Mighty fine commanding going on there.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:40 am Reply with quote
If this Chris guy can act as commander then I really see more benefit in sending one of your most powerful fighters to fight in the frontlines instead of keeping her in the HQ. If she's needed to rally the troops and calm nerves then can't she do that out on the field? In fact wouldn't it help the morale if the commander fought alongside her troops? Hmm. I guess you need her around to have a better understanding of the whole situation in case she has to make the tough judgement call or something.
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

I can't really say a lot of good things about this show. We got a nice kiss at the end, but overall not a good show. Claire was a bit of a missed opportunity. They introduced her as some sort of no-nonsense iron lady, willing to expel tardy students to make it clear that you're expected to give 100% or gtfo. But it seems like they forgot about that incident at the beginning altogether which created inconsistencies. She couldn't really live up to the standards she set herself at beginning and none of that was addressed. She just turned out to be a standard tsundere love interest. Meh.

Oh, the opening was decent.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:51 pm Reply with quote
The last few episodes were....all over the place. Finale didn't impress me at all either.

Also, it took them 12 episodes to figure out that Emilia is a girl? Lol. I'm guessing one of those former enemy girls are going to become part of Hayato's harem as well. But yeah, I thought this was pretty meh too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5