• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Yukari Tamura Cancels Concert & Radio Shows, Puts Site on Hiatus

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Storm101

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:42 am Reply with quote
This is worrying since she's been near suicidal on twitter. I wonder if she's trying to quit or had some kind of breakdown. The industry has been really hard on her. I wish her the best. =(
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:48 am Reply with quote
Storm101 wrote:
This is worrying since she's been near suicidal on twitter. I wonder if she's trying to quit or had some kind of breakdown. I wish her the best. =(

oh no that is very sad to hear Sad
mrsatan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:23 am Reply with quote
Hopefully she's just getting married or something.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:29 am Reply with quote
This is really disheartening. She's unarguably one of the absolute best, most diverse and talented seiyuu in the business. Her singing is also pretty high quality. I hope she's okay health-wise.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:50 am Reply with quote
Nooooo, Yukiko syndrome might be affecting her, fight it Yukarin, don't let it win, no one wants to lose you.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:00 am Reply with quote
For the longest time, she's making very sad posts on her Twitter account, and she's not replying to any message her fans address her for all I know, much unlike she was years ago.
It's sad to see her downfall, she was my favorite seiyuu since the early 2000's, but it seems like it's time to let her go.
Just hope she will find something to live for instead of falling deeper into depression.
grooven

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:09 am Reply with quote
I hope everything is okay with her. She's also one of my favorite seiyuu's since I really got into anime in the late 90s early 00.
MajorZero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:18 am Reply with quote
Well, if retirement is better for her mental health then let the woman go.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:24 am Reply with quote
Never realized Tamura had issues with depression. Especially when she's surrounded by friends like Yui Horie and plays enthusiastic roles. But given people's comments on this thread, I can't help think about Robin Williams. How he made people laugh, but suffered from depression.

I suffer from depression myself and I'm genuinely concerned for her well-being. I don't know Japan's mental-health system, but if she really is having a break down, she needs help ASAP!
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:30 am Reply with quote
They don't treat mental health anywhere near as seriously as the US for all I know, but that's not really surprising. They're mostly like "get yourself together" or "cheer up please" when they know someone depressed instead of making it into medical problem.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:42 am Reply with quote
For me, you're forever 17, Yukari-tan! Hope you get the break you need and return more beautiful~
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:45 am Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
They don't treat mental health anywhere near as seriously as the US

That says a lot considering the US neglects it pretty heavily -_-

But yeah, I agree with the statement someone else made that she should retire (or just go on hiatus) and relax if it's the work that's causing her to be stressed/depressed. Vacation is thing for a reason...and I assume she can afford it financially given who she is. I'd rather never hear her voice again and have her live a different life instead reading about something bad happening to her.
partially

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:27 am Reply with quote
I dunno, it doesn't quite sound like retirement to me. Usually with retirement the person, well, announces their retirement!

This sounds much more like some transitional thing. What sort of transition is unclear. But as I say, if it was complete retirement, one would expect that they actually announce that. Particularly as her future work is already cancelled. The fact there is no announcement suggests some sort of transition that they don't want to make public yet.
Ninjajake12

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:40 am Reply with quote
She needs to get away from social media in general. It's toxic to certain people, especially stars. Along with all of the fans who love to interact with her and praise her, there are plenty of dark people or anti-fans who will go out of their way just to say something mean.

I don't think she's retiring. She's probably just taking a break from being around her fans. Perhaps maybe even seeing a therapist. Last thing I want to think of is Robin Williams...my favorite actor and comedians. So I wish her the absolute best to recover, and hopefully stay off of social media for longer than a few weeks or months.
Yosuke Suzuki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:54 am Reply with quote
partially wrote:
I dunno, it doesn't quite sound like retirement to me. Usually with retirement the person, well, announces their retirement!

This sounds much more like some transitional thing. What sort of transition is unclear. But as I say, if it was complete retirement, one would expect that they actually announce that. Particularly as her future work is already cancelled. The fact there is no announcement suggests some sort of transition that they don't want to make public yet.

agree,maybe this has something to do with Starchild being restructured?
i somewhat remembers same thing happened with Chihara Minori back then,her contract with her agency is over,and her site is closing,but she's not retiring,so for Yukarin case,it just looks like to me that she will move to another agency,but TBH let's wait until she make an announcement.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3