• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Yukari Tamura Cancels Concert & Radio Shows, Puts Site on Hiatus

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:31 pm Reply with quote
So it was just King Records being a total pest, then? In that case, perhaps the situation isn't as bad as I thought... Anyhow, I hope this dispute between Yukari and KR gets resolved somehow.
JDude042

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully she's going to be ok, and this is just a business related endeavor, and not something related to depression or mental issues. She certainly doesn't deserve to have to deal with that sort of thing. However, I can imagine her job taking a toll on her considering she's been doing the whole idol gig for quite some time now while voice acting. I feel like she's put more than enough of her worth into it and deserves to settle down and take things easy at this point. She is 40 years old and still quite attractive looking, so she should step away from the idol business, just stick to voice acting, and enjoy life the way she wants to and be able to date. I'm sure there are plenty of guys who hopefully aren't creeps that would want to be with her. She also does one of the voices for the Nekomata character in Disgaea 5 which I'm playing, and happens to be my favorite generic character type in the game, so it's quite the bummer for me to find out that she's probably unhappy with the way things are in her life. I hope things turn around for her.
Yosuke Suzuki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:14 pm Reply with quote
omiya wrote:
Yosuke Suzuki wrote:
i somewhat remembers same thing happened with Chihara Minori back then,her contract with her agency is over,and her site is closing,but she's not retiring,so for Yukarin case,it just looks like to me that she will move to another agency,but TBH let's wait until she make an announcement.

Minori Chihara and Nana Mizuki have changed management arrangements, in their cases they seem to have a good amount of control over their careers - I'm not sure how things have worked for Yukari Tamura (I'm in Minori Chihara's fan club and Nana Mizuki's fan club, but not Yukari Tamura's).

Well,i'm not a fan of Yukarin but more into Horie Yui,but this case bothers me,since Yukarin and Hocchan are on the same KR company,i just hope that things will get better soon,and Yukarin need to clear things up,but she barely tweets anything since February 6,oh man.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Holo Wolfgod

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:26 am Reply with quote
drug use? knowing Japan's zero tolerance for drugs, is it safe to say that she's been shoved down the memory hole for that?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3