• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan Team's Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress Anime Previewed in 2nd Video

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:04 pm Reply with quote
This does totally feels like Attack on Titan with a samurai 7 flavor packet, and I think I like it.

Something doesn't have to be pinnacle of originality to entertain, I look forward to seeing how the execution is handled. Also loving the Egoist song.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I like the theme song in this tbh. Probably the next big thing for Spring this year and I assume will be a 2-cour.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pariston_Hill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Still meh for me
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:08 pm Reply with quote
It's attack on titan with zombies and samurai. Sign me the hell up!
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Looks good.
Mature-Kun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:31 pm Reply with quote
This is going to be a total trainwreck. Can't wait.
NormanS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Reminds me alot of Sakura Taisen, since it seems to be Steampunk Taisho-era Japan. Which also has demons to slay.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:57 pm Reply with quote
@bleachigo66, @NormanS.

I'm wondering if you two just read my comment from the last news column regarding The Iron Fortress. Confused
sui_dream

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:02 pm Reply with quote
It looks cool, but I wish they just used the budget on the second season of Attack on Titan Sad
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Mature-Kun wrote:
This is going to be a total trainwreck. Can't wait.

Unlike Guilty Crown I'm actually ready for it this time and have very tempered expectations. Not even afraid to drop it if the writing just gets too insultingly bad again which didn't take long the last time this team got together. It'll take a lot of effort to top Guilty Crown in just the astonishingly bad writing department with it just being all over the place every weak, characters shifting personalities and allegiances to fit with what they wanted to do that week and just the ultra black and white depictions of the protagonists and antagonists. I'd say it was like they didn't even try with that show but IMO you kind of have to be doing it on purpose to make some of the writing decisions that one made. It was about the closest example I can think of too objectively bad writing, something I still don't think is entirely possible, but damn if it didn't almost convince me. It also pretty much singlehandedly killed my ability to get any sort of hype or hope going for big budget shows with big name staffers cause ever since Guilty Crown they pretty much end up bad.

Wit Studio in particulars track record, again just astonishing. Like Owari no Seraph I was kind of ready and still caught off guard by just how incompetent the writing and characterization was. In that regard maybe I'm not ready. In any case it's not something I plan on jumping into right away same as most recent seasons with all the constant disappointments and general incompetence abound.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm liking the song, but I knew that beforehand.
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:27 pm Reply with quote
This looks just plain amazing. It has a mild 80/90's ova vibe (the way faces are drawn, shading and some action angles) while also taking advantage of modern techniques. Actually my only gripe is that if it's a TV series I'm doubtful it can mantain such level of quality. The story on the other hand...we'll see but it looks promising so far!

Of course like others have expressed, it can be a trainwreck. But visually everything seems very ambitious.
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:38 pm Reply with quote
This looks awesome. Probably my most anticipated show for the spring.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:25 pm Reply with quote
It looks insane.
LokiReed

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:07 pm Reply with quote
The animation looks nice, but that's about all i'm going to give it. I think I'll just wait around for Attack on Titan Season 2, rather than waste my time with what seems to be a similar story trying to piggyback off of another project's success. But hey that's just me, who knows maybe it'll be good.

Last edited by LokiReed on Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3