• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anyone know where I can buy anime dvds?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAnimeDoll

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:20 pm Reply with quote
I've lived in Houston TX for a few weeks now and I've been curious to ask for a while now, but anyone know if I could purchase animes such as Angel Beats! or Ouran Highschool Host Club? I wouldn't like to purchase them online because I'm under 18 and must use "parental" supervision. Thanks!
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:05 pm Reply with quote
If there's a mall nearby with an FYE in it, you can always check there. Just be warned that they're going to hit you for full price.

Other than that, there's Best Buy, but their overall selection has really gone down. It's mainly just Dragon Ball and Ghibli at this point. Neutral
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:18 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Pretty much what SpacemanHardy said. However, BestBuy may not be so bad depending on where you live. I used to live in a rural town and all the BestBuys in about 50 mile radius pretty much only had DragonBall, some Ghibli and the occasional out of place (for an extremely conservative area) title like Dance in the Vampire Bund or Sekeri (don't ask me how it got there). I moved out of state and to a larger city and the selection went up. I've bought Appleseed Alpha at my local BestBuy and they had the Akira movie and I've seen a few other ones as well. It will be a limited selection so don't expect shelves full of anime, but some stuff can still be found. Depending on how busy the store is the video section may be poorly organized too which may require some hunting for titles. On a positive note, they sometimes have sales which is how Appleseed turned out cheap for me at the time. Houston is big and they should have plenty of stores, so you might be able to turn something up. Its not a guarantee, but if you got time on your hands it may be worth checking out.

Good luck and I hope you can find something.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:27 am Reply with quote
It looks like you're in Hastings territory. I've used their site to order used stuff, their website sells new product too, don't know if their physical stores do.
https://www.gohastings.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=hastings_store_locator
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1