• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bakuon!! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:49 am Reply with quote
That principal's a badass, lifting Raimu-senpai like that.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Fun stuff overall and those kids really made the Zenith look strange with those horns lol

Look strange? That was outright dirty particularly with them exhorting Onsa to mount up. And right after Onsa was complaining about her butt being too hot.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:43 am Reply with quote
Ok, they won my mechanical heart back with this episode. In fact, I think this may be my favorite episode so far. Smile I really got a kick out of her buying 35 "pigeon cookies." Smile

I'm not quite clear how a side-car would give them an advantage in a race. Even if you could go faster on the turns, it's hooked up to a Ducati - it won't make it around the first lap without breaking down.

So customizing to improve performance is all in the rider's heads, eh? Shots fired!! Very Happy Also, emissions standards (and the fact that they sound like a lawn mower) are probably most responsible for the decline of the two-stroke.

Raimu is one magical motorcycle fairy ghost. I wonder if they'll ever reveal what's up with her? The second character in her name does mean dream or illusion after all...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:07 am Reply with quote
The age of people who Raimu (or Lime) is a senpai to, seem to keep increasing. Is actually a bit dirty what the principal was trying to do in making people underestimate Raimu so that she could bet and win off her. Probably got what she deserved in trying to do that at a highschool race. Will say that the part when the girls in the stands start brawling over who won was funny. I can't imagine gambling to be that responsible as part of a school.

Hmm, we got a spot of a girl planning to go to the school next year so that she take a bike. Could she turn out to be their Azusa? She even seems to be the friend already of the Yui's (Hane's) little sister.
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:30 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Hmm, we got a spot of a girl planning to go to the school next year so that she take a bike. Could she turn out to be their Azusa? She even seems to be the friend already of the Yui's (Hane's) little sister.
For bonus points, she even has the family name "Nakano". The author hasn't exactly been subtle about his influences before this, but now I can't even decide whether to take it as a direct homage or as simple laziness.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:19 am Reply with quote
I got half way through the race episode and realized I didn't care. I'm pretty much done with this show.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:42 pm Reply with quote
An awful lot of work went into setting up and operating that race. The course with barriers, the betting window, internet coverage, the dolphins.

3 million yen? That's a pretty hot action for a high school girl race.

Principal needs ethics training.

Raimu is an unreliable weirdo.
Banken

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:37 am Reply with quote
vonPeterhof wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
For bonus points, she even has the family name "Nakano". The author hasn't exactly been subtle about his influences before this, but now I can't even decide whether to take it as a direct homage or as simple laziness.

ALL of the girls names are puns/references.

Even Hane.
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 5:36 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
vonPeterhof wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:

ALL of the girls names are puns/references.

Even Hane.

I'm aware of this, which is precisely why "Nakano" struck me as lazy. None of the other names are just unaltered family names of corresponding K-On! characters.
Banken

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:44 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
3 million yen? That's a pretty hot action for a high school girl race.

It's funny that you think that's the weird part of this scenario.

OTOH, Hane's mods are totally insane since they're just adding weight. In fact, you're not allowed to drive on the track with turn signals and mirrors (race bikes have these removed).
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:25 am Reply with quote
(Phony) outrage! Santa lives in Finland, not Denmark! Grrr... Don't believe their lies, kid!

Other than that, it was quite a fun episode.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Well that was fun watching the way the girls celebrate the Christmas holidays and relieving their past memories. Kinda felt bad for Rin about the Santa Claus thing lol. Also, I'm glad the series gave Hijiri some spotlight this week on the bike.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Brett-Butler

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:28 pm Reply with quote
"She knows the answer, even though she doesn't understand what it means. That is how education works in this country".

I so need a gif of this.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Loved the Yoshimura Yoshiwara muffler! (How lucky that's the box number she drew!) And the return of Biker Jesus!

Ah, the little Honda Super Cub - the motorcycle that built Honda.

Heh, Hane thinks English speakers would get confused by bike but would understand autobike? If she said she rode an autobike, I'd picture Hijiri's sidecar as a stand-alone.

Is Onsa getting a new bike? The Tricity is one weird looking machine. Apparently didn't sell too well in SE Asia, it's already out of production there.

That was a nice episode, but sweet Biker Jesus, the animation really went to hell, especially during Rin's pizza delivery. I can't remember ever seeing mouths handled so sloppily before.

HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Also, I'm glad the series gave Hijiri some spotlight this week on the bike.

I don't care much for her spoiled attitude. But you would think one of the other girls would have some idea on how to teach someone how to ride.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7