• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
McDonald's anime recruitment ad.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Julliant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:21 am Reply with quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e-zAljAgqs

After years of WcDonald's jokes, the real deal is now in anime.
Still better animation than Toei Laughing (Not sure who animated this ad)
Key

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:15 am Reply with quote
Thanks for posting the link. This is actually a pretty neat commercial.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:18 am Reply with quote
That was an awesome anime commercial from McDonald's; thanks for bringing it up! Smile

There are more variations of this McDonald's anime commercial available in McDonald's of Japan's YouTube Channel.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:09 am Reply with quote
Well,Julliant. I also liked this commercial although I didn't understand a single solitary word of it. I hope that the same company that made this also does something similar for the American market. I'd love to see that,wouldn't you?

Last edited by Snomaster1 on Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:30 am Reply with quote
On some level I am a little annoyed because I have been trying to change my habits with McDonalds, and this was pretty well done. But overall I enjoyed it for an add.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Is MacDonals' food of higher quality in Japan? Reason is that I might think in Japan McDonalds appeals more to the middle class than in the US, for them to make this commercial.

In the US I noticed that fast food chains have lower quality food than their equivalents in Brazil. Reason is that in Brazil, McDonalds and similar restaurants are more expensive than most places in fact.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Philmister978

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:54 am Reply with quote
Julliant wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e-zAljAgqs

After years of WcDonald's jokes, the real deal is now in anime.
Still better animation than Toei Laughing (Not sure who animated this ad)

It was Studio Colorido, I recognize their work.

And I know here in Canada, McDonalds food costs a fair bit as well. And they use Canadian-grown meat and potatoes for their food.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Well, its a recruitment add and it consists of references to otaku anime girl tropes.

Otaku tend to be poor since they don't work 80 hours a week as salarymen so I guess they are a potential manpower source for MacDonald's. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:23 am Reply with quote
Jose Cruz wrote:
Is MacDonals' food of higher quality in Japan? Reason is that I might think in Japan McDonalds appeals more to the middle class than in the US, for them to make this commercial.

In the US I noticed that fast food chains have lower quality food than their equivalents in Brazil. Reason is that in Brazil, McDonalds and similar restaurants are more expensive than most places in fact.

McDonalds in more expensive in Brazil, but cheaper in Japan.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9b/Big_Mac_index_50USD_2columns.png

Price may, but does not always indicate quality. Sweden, Norway and Denmark have high wages, as does Switzerland.

As for Japan, its food is on par with France in terms of quality, so it would be of higher quality than anywhere in the USA not called New York City.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1