• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anne-Happy (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

This is not a series with a huge amount to talk about, although at the same time it is largely a humorous watch, nothing too big. I would put it maybe similar to Yuru Yuri as a fun little comedy about a group of girls.

In general some of my favourite moments was its sort of transition cards, where between scenes they would do a static image with a joke likely where they are leaving off and usually a single word phrase to tie it together. It is probably not a joke that would work in anything, but it was part of the style of this show, I still remember things like saying "Excalibur" in the transition highlighting the dangers of the knife. But also have to mention the Timothy Rap, this is because in series it is meant to be catchy, and they actually managed to pull it off.

Anne Happy was produced by Silver Link, which has grown as something that I have grown to look forward from a show, even if it does not look the most visually impressive. They tend to have something I find amusing. I do agree with Spastic Minnow that the girl group stuff was fine, but the competition stuff was in general kind of hard to get into, I can only think of the VR bit for at least being humorous with the character traits.

I will give it a rating of Decent (6/10), I don't feel that I generally lost my time watching it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2