• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Flying Witch

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:07 pm Reply with quote
For those that loved Flying Witch, I highly recommend watching Gingitsune: Messenger Fox of the Gods. It is a very well done, slice of life show with some supernatural and existentialist elements. It also has some drama, but it is a "feel good" experience throughout. Gingitsune is streaming on Crunchyroll and Sentai released it on BD and DVD.

The aforementioned Non Non Biyori is also a very solid recommendation. Although, it has a few typical anime tropes, but they are not mean and/or creepy.
Northlander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Don't forget Natsume's Book of Friends, which might take on a darker tone from time to time, but is no less heartwarming each episode (or double episode) when everything is said and done.
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:44 am Reply with quote
Not often do I thoroughly enjoy every episode of a show all the way through but Flying Witch really did it for me this season, the comedy worked very well no matter how long it took to deliver the punch-line and the way the show was structured out along with the soothing background music made easy to enjoy, sit-through and my favourite show of the season (and in the top 3 of the year so far). Usually I don't see shows like this don't get a second season but hopefully it does well in with the sales (DVD/BD, CD etc.) so it gets a little more chance.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7