• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Survey Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
c933103

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:23 pm Reply with quote
0.the S.E.Asia survey contain some duplicate options, please take a look.
back to this survey,
1. Some questions lack options like I don't like this/these/all of them or something similar.
2. Should have asked what do you dislike about the site
3. Meaning of some options are too close to each other, like "Book - Reading" versus "Reading"
4. For those questions with more than hundred of choice, those options should be categorized so that users can find out what they want to choose more easily.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:52 pm Reply with quote
There were a few questions that should have had a "none" selection. Where they did not I just left blank/unanswered.
Wondername

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Hello, I scrolled a bit through this thread to see if my questions were answered already and couldn't find anything. If I am wrong, I'm sorry for my oversight. >.<

The survey seems to be done really well, but I would like to add a small constructive complain which I hope will be considered for next year. Smile

For the question:

Which of the following Streaming Services do you use to watch anime?

I wish there was a "no answer" option. As someone living in a country where 99% of anime streaming services are unavailable or offer extremely restricted content, I wanted to be able to choose "these services are not available in my country" (and not just on the question above). I would love to use Crunchyroll, Viz digital manga purchases or basically anything else to watch some stuff 100% legally, but it seems that my money stinks and they just won't take it no matter how hard I throw it at them.
Piracy is bad, but when the alternative is "don't watch/read it" you are not being given much of a choice. I feel like this should be reflected in surveys to get an accurate picture of the motivations behind ANN users' actions.
Just my two cents. Looking forward to your subscription program, I hope it won't be region restricted like most of the stuff for us fans out there.

Edit for grammar/sentence structure.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Wondername wrote:

I wish there was a "no answer" option.

There is. Just leave the question blank.

BTW, the survey allows people to change their answers.
jymmy

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:08 pm Reply with quote
F̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶d̶a̶i̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶u̶t̶e̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶s̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶r̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶i̶k̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶4̶0̶-̶o̶d̶d̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶u̶t̶e̶ ̶d̶r̶i̶v̶e̶
̶(̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶3̶0̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶n̶o̶n̶-̶r̶u̶s̶h̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶f̶f̶i̶c̶)̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶'̶d̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶u̶t̶e̶.̶
Marked "how do you get to work/school" as "commute".

(Also, still aggrieved that I can't talk about which releases I'm buying (or accessing illegally), English-language, Japanese or other. How else am I to feel like a special snowflake?)

[EDIT: Please do not distort the forum layout with long strikethrough text. ~ Zalis]
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:08 pm Reply with quote
jymmy wrote:
Similarly, reading manga "the old fashioned way" seems to roll English (or other)-language and Japanese-language books together,

Yes, we were interested in method of consumption when we wrote that question, not language.

Quote:
and "Via a website (legal)" would include Japanese web manga, but the illegal alternative is just "scanlations",
I guess I should have used "eg: scanlations" instead of "ie: scanlations," or even better "e.g. scanlations, raws, etc...").

Quote:
I buy the most anime Blu-rays from Amazon.jp, but this wasn't an option for "What is your favorite online place to buy anime?".
I expanded "Amazon.com" to include "Amazon.jp."
jymmy

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for the response. I did mean place to buy anime, not figures and merch, but I suppose it's not a huge deal.
unused

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:29 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to vote for 2k and Valve as my favourite game publisher. But they're missing and there is no way to add them to the survey. Sad Sad
NormanS

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:18 am Reply with quote
its not on the survey, but i would love to read articles about the doujin music scene in comiket and the M3 Music Exhibition and Sale event. As the music from these two are now what i mostly listen to when it comes to Japanese music.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:22 am Reply with quote
unused wrote:
I'd like to vote for 2k and Valve as my favourite game publisher. But they're missing and there is no way to add them to the survey. Sad Sad

I believe Take-Two Interactive covers 2k.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:12 pm Reply with quote
unused wrote:

I copied the list from the biggest 33 game publishers in North America. 2K either was included in Take-Two, or they we're separate but not in the top 33.

Valve, very surprisingly, wasn't in the list. I think I'll definitely split this category up next year and also bring the user submissions back.

Chris
Sobe

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Lol, just LOL. I have never seen that kind of "if train A and train B are heading to x location both at y speed and" question on a survey before. I however have never laughed so much from a question before, lol. Thank you for the lol. I'm glad I took the survey now.
XCution

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for this survey, it was very thorough. I really appreciate that you're interested in our opinions.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:26 pm Reply with quote
In the question "Outside of anime and manga and other Japanese culture related interests" why is Vocaloid music an option? I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone that doesn't think "Japan" when thinking about Vocaloids even if the person making the music isn't Japanese themselves.

Also no fishing as a hobby.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:08 pm Reply with quote
XCution--
Dunno if you've been lurking, but welcome to A.N.N.'s forums!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8