• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Qualidea Code (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 5:51 am Reply with quote

Qualidea Code (TV)

Genres: Action
Themes:

Plot Summary: The story takes place in a world where people continue their war against the "unknown"—the enemy of humanity. Children who have been evacuated to a cold sleep facility during the invasion by the "unknown" several decades ago wake up from their slumber and learn that their bodies developed some supernatural forces. In order to protect the country from the "unknown" emerging from the Tokyo bay gate, the boys and girls wage battles in the defense the cities of Tokyo, Kanagawa, and Chiba.
----------------------------------

Original TV anime with collaboration by various authors.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1:

Well for it's worth, the OST sure is catchy for this show. We also got some fan service..(kinda expected it tbh) with the girls. The introduction of the main characters is pretty generic. There's also implied tragedy based on the flashbacks as well...

Meanwhile, I guess the action is okay for most parts. And animation style looks decent. Hotaru is the coolest character from this series so far imo. The comedy feels rather silly though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:18 pm Reply with quote
The show would be more entertaining if it didn't have the forced "edgy" intro to make the situation "super serious".

At the very least, the combat looks decent enough for a near future magi-tech society.

That said, most of the cast is dime a dozen trope, though the Male lead this team isn't the usual flat personality LN and instead we have the human version of Shadow the Hedgehog in regards to how "edgy" he is.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

My brother seemed pleased with the episode that I could not watch it soon enough. In particular he was happy with the observation that the three different groups represent the different areas of the military: Army, Navy and Air force. Well I like the music with a bit of its dubstep feel. The battle was pretty neat, actually especially when they started inflight over points.

I paused moments to pick up titles along with rankings, but I don't think enough was done to connect the names, I did not realise until closer to the end that "Hime" was "Maihime" who was #1 with much higher points. Also main character is not too likable.

I don't feel too negative though, it has a number of standard tropes, but I can see myself watching this.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Huh, only took two episodes but we already got the swimsuit episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:07 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

More than just swimsuits, the second episode oddly feels like a breather episode, which is really strange after the sort of thing we were seeing in the first. Well I am enjoying it still, nothing really causing any problems. I guess the main character is a bit of a dick, but it is clearly on purpose. I kind of laughed at things like having the "who are you" to Aoi several times in the past and doing it again at the end of the episode, which I assumed at least at that time was him teasing.

I can't figure out what it might have been, but the ED strangely reminded me of the Madoka OP, it is not by the same performer instead sung by GARNiDELiA, although what makes it odd is that the first ED was sung by ClariS, the performer of the Madoka OPs. With two different OPs in these two episodes (and an OP that is neither), I wonder if we will get a different one each episode.

I am kind of liking this, something about the sister character, Asuha Chigusa, her voice caught my attention. She voiced Chaika from Chaika, Reina in Euphonium, and a couple others of note.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:58 am Reply with quote
I don't know how the 3 writers actually divided their work in this, but if I had to guess, then I'd say with conviction that Wataru wrote these two siblings. They're pretty much Hachiman and Komachi, except in a different world and with super powers.
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:59 am Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
I don't know how the 3 writers actually divided their work in this, but if I had to guess, then I'd say with conviction that Wataru wrote these two siblings. They're pretty much Hachiman and Komachi, except in a different world and with super powers.

Yep, that's right. They announced earlier on that Sou Sagara is in charge of the Tokyo story, Koushi Tachibana is in charge of the Kanagawa story, and Wataru Watari is in charge of the Chiba story. Though the script for this episode itself was actually written by Sou Sagara, I believe.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm not completely sold on the characters yet but the siblings are my favorite so far. They have a nice dynamic going on -- the younger sister who wants to keep her brother close to her which almost comes across as selfish and the deadpan, mostly emotionless brother work well with each other. The other groups haven't really interested me yet. McEdge's lone wolf complex (also his ego I guess) and the "EGAO" sisterly type are kind of stereotypical. The former just annoys me a bit and the latter just seems to be there to contrast the edginess. The sword chicks are alright but they haven't felt all too relevant in my eyes besides the whole bridge incident.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I really love this anime a lot! The characters are really different from the usual tropes, their expression are quirky and unique, apart from a few but it doesn't matter because I think it blended really well especially with the case of Kanaria and wow, the hero is a bit of an ass but in a funny sort of way. I really got a whole set of laughters upon seeing how he acted so elite and can't remember a certain girl's name because she is not an elite, which I don't even remembered either. Laughing
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4:

Pretty predictable episode this week except...that last part. They just had to take down the friendliest girl of the series...Well I hope Canaria isn't dead.

As for the episode, they managed to counterattack with Hime and some good coordination I suppose they managed to take out the Unknown but I'm curious to see what bigger threat awaits.

Last edited by Stark700 on Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:19 pm Reply with quote
All I have to say is wow the anime's this season anime get real dark really quick (that is just the ones I have been watching, you mileage may very) the end of episode 3 and now the end of episode 4, come on guys let me catch my breath.

Needless to say this episode was very good. I almost didn't watch this series because of the main character's Ichiya Suzaku attitude is the type that really grates on me. But I am glad I hung in there and I am looking forward to episode 5..
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

That ending was kind of shocking, like real sudden that it looks like spoiler[Canaria died], it is to the point that I feel like it would be really cheap to not follow through.

Apart from that, did anyone notice the moment when the budget ran out? It starts with a lot of characters being shown mostly as still images, and culminates at Hime not even being animated when she does the final hit.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:36 pm Reply with quote
They used up their death fake out last episode, so it's likely she's dead for good. Either that or we won't see her again until episode 10 or so and she'll be brainwashed and working for the enemy.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:24 pm Reply with quote
I don't even know what happened, or why. What did the commander see that freaked him out?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4