• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Great Canadian Trigun: Badlands Rumble Give Away

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeanBandit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:38 am Reply with quote
Sweet Cool

Hope I can score some freebies to this one, honestly after the Eva 2.22 screening I'm hesitant to pay for this again. Definitely curious about Badlands Rumble though, was a fan of Trigun when it first came out so hopefully this is somewhat decent.
Weiss_Yohji

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:42 am Reply with quote
What? No screenings in the States? BLASPHEMY!
Netstryke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Locked.......(Enter).......and Loaded!

Hope fully, Luck is on my side!
GhostShell

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Weiss_Yohji wrote:
Quote:
What? No screenings in the States? BLASPHEMY!

Not to worry. They're still working on the U.S. theatre list. The daily brief posted on ANN on June 2nd stated:
"A list of United States theaters will be announced in two weeks..." The June 2nd brief includes a link where "people can request for the film to be brought to their area".

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-06-02/trigun-film-canadian-theaters-listed
szrfrk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Wow. I pay rent in coquitlam.. but am working in vernon (6 hours away) for the summer and will not be able to watch it.... life = suck. T__T
Universe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:24 am Reply with quote
Its now a couple days past the 14th and less then a week away from the screening and no winners list yet.

Depending on how its done if the tickets have to be sent out via mail it will have to be done by courier due to the postal system being shut down.
bravetailor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Theatres must think Canadian anime fans are mostly otaku or something, because we get all these theatrical screenings of anime based on shows with a built-in audience (Evangelion, Trigun, Naruto) but we don't get lickety split of any anime that's an original work (i.e. Summer Wars, Redline.) And no, screenings at anime cons don't count. I mean a screening at an honest to goodness theatre.
death_rebirth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:13 am Reply with quote
Winners are getting e-mails and a confirmation to print out so they can get their tickets at the theater. I got my e-mail Smile
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:02 pm Reply with quote
0/3 or 4 or whatever. I hoped some birthday magic would've worked in my favour. Crying or Very sad
CannedJam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Oh the joys of working at a movie theatre. Free tickets! Tomorrow is finally the day Very Happy
Fifth B

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I'm having some cruel luck. I win a ticket within hours of finding out I won't be able to attend thanks to work. Sh**burgers.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:55 pm Reply with quote
I actually won! I got my confirmation e-mail a few days ago and went to go get my ticket today.
Emperor Fred

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:58 pm Reply with quote
I kind of did a double take reading over the names of the winners for my location because one has the same last name as me. And mine is not a common last name - and it's not a relative. Freaky.
connarii

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Excellent movie; terrible tech. Anyone else have issues at their theatre? I was at International Village Cineplex in downtown Vancouver and the bluray (they showed the icon when they were turning it off...) was grainy/pixellated and WAY overexposed... you could hardly see the faces when it was light out, features were just totally washed out and a lot of the detail was hard to make out.

What's the story... are the bluray dvd's just brutal, is it something to do with a digital screening, or was my theatre just *that* crappy?

Otherwise, so soo~ happy to get another dose of Trigun... and was that a sneaky loophole for another movie that I saw at the very end?! Definitely wouldn't complain if they decided to issue a couple more installments... now if only the upcoming Rurouni Kenshin season lives up to that quality of comeback!
TJ_Kat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:42 am Reply with quote
well that was disappointing - i'm glad i got to go for free. also had theater issues at my location. the dark scenes had horrible contrast and were almost impossible to see. the light scenes were better, but still not all that good. largely the same issues i had with the crappy eva 2 screening. it would be nice to know these shows are subtitled in advance, because with the poor picture quality, it's a deal-breaker. it's really hard to follow them AND make out what's going on on screen. it's weird, because when the same theater did the first eva movie, it looked fantastic.

audio levels were also bad. quiet moments were loud, and the loud action scenes were deafening.

funi better get on some of these theaters' cases. if they're hoping these screening will convince undecideds (like me - never was much of a trigun fan the first time through) to buy their product, these crap screenings aren't going to cut it. as it stands, i did enjoy the movie more than the series, and it may find it's way onto my buy-when-it's-ridiculously-cheap list.

also, this didn't draw the full house turnouts both eva movies enjoyed here. i counted an even 20 people tonight.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2