• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - First Impressions: Kirby: Planet Robobot

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:43 am Reply with quote
Herald Of JOJO wrote:
Excuse me for going off topic but I'd just like to know; why do people dislike Skyward Sword? I never actually followed this game or gaming in general at the time of its release. I'm curious as to why people dislike it.

Going back on topic, I can't wait to see Dizzy's design in Revelator. Always a big fan of the Guilty Gear character designs (looking at you, A.B.A. and Elphelt Smile). Again, reeeally can't wait.

The world itself in Skyward was just boring and empty,then the tacked on motion-controls which added nothing other than being an annoyance. Most importantly it's an extremely boring to the point where I couldn't even finish it (got about a 1/4 through before calling quits).
varmintx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:48 am Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:
Herald Of JOJO wrote:
Excuse me for going off topic but I'd just like to know; why do people dislike Skyward Sword? I never actually followed this game or gaming in general at the time of its release. I'm curious as to why people dislike it.

Going back on topic, I can't wait to see Dizzy's design in Revelator. Always a big fan of the Guilty Gear character designs (looking at you, A.B.A. and Elphelt Smile). Again, reeeally can't wait.

The world itself in Skyward was just boring and empty,then the tacked on motion-controls which added nothing other than being an annoyance. Most importantly it's an extremely boring to the point where I couldn't even finish it (got about a 1/4 through before calling quits).

It's fine if you don't like motion controls, but saying SS's are "tacked on" is just false. The game's mechanics were built around the new Motion+ controller. I think if that level of control was offered at the console's outset, it wouldn't have been saddled with the "waggle" label.

While I liked the game overall, I'll agree that the game's world lacked character. And coming off of the best sidekick in the series with Midna, Fi was extraordinarily annoying.
Northlander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:17 am Reply with quote
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir: I'm eyeing this one with some suspicion. The one thing I really, really didn't like about the original, which I did not play for long, was that you were quite literally walking in circles the entire time, hence completely destroying the one thing I like about most of my favorite games: the opportunity to explore and feel like you're on a journey. Instead, I felt like I was running on a threadmill and fighting off jerks who tried ruining my workout.
Paiprince

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:21 am Reply with quote
Northlander wrote:
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir: I'm eyeing this one with some suspicion. The one thing I really, really didn't like about the original, which I did not play for long, was that you were quite literally walking in circles the entire time, hence completely destroying the one thing I like about most of my favorite games: the opportunity to explore and feel like you're on a journey. Instead, I felt like I was running on a threadmill and fighting off jerks who tried ruining my workout.

I'm guessing you didn't bother with Muramasa either because that's pretty much their whole schtick.

Anyways, I'm still getting the PS4 edition. It's more than a simple remaster and I find the story and characters charming.

Also Atelier Sophie. I've been pretty out of the loop on the Atelier series ever since the Arland saga concluded, but I can't really pass on this one judging by the features and the artwork.
Triltaison

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:36 am Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:
Kirby 64 and Kirby's Air Ride were not good games. Kirby's Dreamland 3 was also pretty lackluster after the fantastic Kirby's Super Star. The series in general is solid,and this new one looks pretty fun.

Disagreed. Kirby 64 is one of the best in my book. 35 different combinations of attack made challenging oneself to use the weirder power combos throughout a level fantastic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2