• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Kanojo by Yoshihara Masahiko

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:37 am Reply with quote
Here in Sasebo, Japan. Picked up this new manga in the Kumazawa book store, under the Twinkle store.

Black Kanojo by Yoshihara Masahiko, under the Comics Alive imprint.

Since I can't read kanji, most of my manga buys rely on the cover art to attract me, and for the interior art to nail the sale. That was the case for this one too.

The story seems to have a Future Diary vibe. Psychotic girl with an ice pick (i think) accosts the feeble boy character. You have this male teacher character who also has his jacket of ice picks (or something really similar). The psychotic girl seems to have a thing for the boy. But the real question is the teacher character really bad, or does the psychotic girl have some kind of power in turning normal people into insane killers. She seems to want to save the boy from the ice pick teacher.

Also, you shouldn't put little school girls underneath covered street gutters.

I liked the series enough to want to pick up volume 2 whenever it comes out. Despite not understanding most of what is happening, I have developed an interest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1