• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
please add this to encyc

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eviltimes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Technotise: Edit & I

I realize it's Serbian, but shouldn't there be a place for it in the Encyclopedia?
And if you haven't seen it, you should.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:36 pm Reply with quote
If it is Serbian, not Japanese, then there is no place for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
KazeWind

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:27 pm Reply with quote
I don't use the forums much. Is this the place I should post about watching an anime that isn't in the encyclopedia?

It's the first time it's happened and coincidentally the last two shows I've watched I can't find. I really like keeping track of what I've seen.

The shows are:
Plastic Nee-san
Turning Girls
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:40 am Reply with quote
KazeWind, if you can't find an anime in the encyclopedia, you should go to the submission page and submit it if no one else has submitted it yet (that page is found in the encyclopedia tab by clicking "more" and then clicking "submitted anime"). However, Plastic Nee-san is in the encyclopedia already under the name +Tic Elder Sister.

It looks like someone else has submitted Turning Girls, but it hasn't been added yet. It can take a very long time for anime to be added (some things I've submitted have been waiting for years), so unless someone sees your post and just decides to add it, it might be a long time until it is added.
KazeWind

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Calathan! I didn't know there was an alternative name to nee-san, it tired to find it, but didn't have ay luck.

Why does it take so long? Is there not a lot of people running this site?

Edit: I watched another Anime hyper, I gotta start wathing some more popular anime.
it's called: Mou Hitotsu no Mirai wo
if you know of an alternative title please let me know.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:13 pm Reply with quote
KazeWind, it looks like Mou Hitotsu no Mirai wo has also been submitted but not yet added.

For why it takes so long for things to be added, I think it is just that there are lots of tasks to be done and not enough staff members to do all of them. Dan, the Chief Encyclopedist, is working on a new version of the encyclopedia that might help things get added more easily (though I'm not sure how exactly).
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:41 am Reply with quote
Any chance we could add the Hoshizora no Karasu (Crow of the Starry Sky) manga to the E? It's a go manga about Karasuma Waka, a 13-year-old girl with a height complex but who loves Go. Unlike Hikaru no Go, it jumps straight in to a tournament and doesn't focus much on their lives at junior or middle school.

The author(ess?) is Satoshi Morie.

https://www.facebook.com/HoshizoranoKarasu/

Waka started to love Go after watching her grandfather play, but her mother is against it because his grandfather abandoned his wife for the game.

The 7th volume was released on August 21 2015, but the earlier volumes appear to be out of print.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-1833277

Last edited by HyugaHinata on Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:38 am Reply with quote
Don't forget to include The Revenant for non-anime scores for Ryuichi Sakamoto.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1