• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fakku's Urotsukidoji - Legend of the Overfiend Kickstarter Launches

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:16 pm Reply with quote
I've got a question. WHY in the name of all that's holy is there even a Kickstarter for this? I say,let "Legend of the Overfiend" sleep. There's no real need for this to come back.

Last edited by Snomaster1 on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ulinox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:47 pm Reply with quote
No idea what this manga is, but the thumbnail reminds me of Akira, so I'll back it. w/e, I got cash, I just want to see more of these older titles that people have forgotten on KS.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
I've got a question. WHY in the name of all that holy is there even a Kickstarter for this? I say,let "Legend of the Overfiend" sleep. There's no real need for this to come back.

The answer is rather obvious. Because some, or a lot, of people want it. That's why. It's fine if you don't but why bother coming in here just to complain when it doesn't even interest you? We've said lately we mods are getting tired of people doing that. So let's please stop and everyone stay on topic as well. Thank you.
blacotaku1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Vol. 1 is out of print now and for the copies that are out there are really expensive. Urotsukidoji changed my life as a teenager and forced me to broaden my views on Japanese cartoons and manga. I think I'm going to plop down the 160 beans for the full set.
Scygoku

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:54 am Reply with quote
I'm hoping ANN updates this soon unless they haven't heard but all of the stretch goals (aka the other 3 volumes) are unlocked so you can order all four volumes via the kickstarter.

I'm surprised they didn't do this sooner seeing as they only reached the initial goal and higher tiers only give backers whats been unlocked by the end of the project. It would suck paying so much extra yet receive just the first volume as it would've been the only one unlocked.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Scygoku wrote:
I'm hoping ANN updates this soon unless they haven't heard but all of the stretch goals (aka the other 3 volumes) are unlocked so you can order all four volumes via the kickstarter.

I'm surprised they didn't do this sooner seeing as they only reached the initial goal and higher tiers only give backers whats been unlocked by the end of the project. It would suck paying so much extra yet receive just the first volume as it would've been the only one unlocked.

We're about to hit the last 24 hours now.

Still a few signed reward tiers left, and a couple weeks back we added digital only options for those who didn't want to deal with international shipping, or someone else opening their mail in general.

Thanks everyone who supported us so that we were able to fund all the volumes!
Scygoku

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:03 am Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:

We're about to hit the last 24 hours now.

Still a few signed reward tiers left, and a couple weeks back we added digital only options for those who didn't want to deal with international shipping, or someone else opening their mail in general.

Thanks everyone who supported us so that we were able to fund all the volumes!

Hope you get more backers in the last 16 hours or so Very Happy

Digital was definitely a good play, especially if people are hit with customs unless you ship each volume individually and even then its random. I backed the first volume then after you unlocked the rest my tier was upgraded to get them all physically.

I hope to see more kickstarter projects from you which hopefully don't coincide with popular projects so you can get more funding.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2