• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Berserk Musou Game's 1st Promo Video Reveals September 21 Release in Japan

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:30 am Reply with quote
I wonder if they will bother dubbing it, they don't with One Piece and that has a bigger audience in the west.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:17 am Reply with quote
A new Berserk game, YES. A PS3 tech Dynasty Warriors clone, Mad . It will hurt me to not by a Berserk game but i love the marketing offensive Hakusensha is running. More eyes on the manga are a good thing, no matter the amount of broken button mashers that will come. Fist of the North star got 2 for example.
A Souls, DMC / Ninja Gaiden or Total War clone would be what i want, or the franchise deserves.
Edit: More screenshots: http://lll.net/album/guMW

Last edited by residentgrigo on Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:31 am Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of the Musou games (when I had consoles) and Berserk so this looks fab to me. A bit slower than the ones I've most recently played which is a good thing. Kinda reminds me of the first FOTNS game.

This along with a growing list of games almost, almost makes me want to buy a console again.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:43 am Reply with quote
http://www.play-asia.com/berserk-author-kentaro-miura-supervising-koei-s-berserk-game-aims-to-keep-the-ga/5f/747xd
An interview by the staff, with a questionable translation. Miura is somewhat involved and they aim for D-rating, as the company has a no Z-rating policy. Expect no nudity and obvious content cuts. Unsurprising.
The game was further already visually announced on the 12th of June with an awful teaser, so the news item´s first sentence is incorrect dear ANN mods:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0DkjRXs9pY
The Casca picture in the news item is a pre-order skin btw. Cringe, and the game will include footage from the "films". Yeah, my respect for this game is near nonexistent.

Last edited by residentgrigo on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:22 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:

The game was further already visually announced on the 12th of June with an awful teaser, so the news item´s first sentence is incorrect dear ANN mods:

Could you be a bit clearer? We already wrote about the game's English teasers in the June 12 announcement, so I'm not sure how the first sentence of the article is incorrect. If you mean the article's intro "Pre-order bonuses, screenshots, English trailers revealed for PS4/PS3/PS Vita/PC game" in this case the "English trailers" referred to are the English versions of the latest video released today, the English teaser videos were what were posted on June 12 (note a teaser is different from a trailer or promotional video).

But just in case that is what you found confusing, I changed "trailers" to "promo video" in the intro.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:28 am Reply with quote
@Crystalyn I just read Thursday with no big fact checking. Commando back but the week days are still off. Isn´t the 12th a Sunday? This reminds me of the Chronologically Confused videos form the AVGN, carry on.
(That original teaser is just a blight.)
Takumi25rs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:33 am Reply with quote
I'm not the biggest fan of the Dynasty Warriors hack and slash type of game, though I did like the Gundam titles and I am very excited about this game. Considering the battle sequences of this franchise are very hack and slash like, it makes sense to create a Berserk game of this style.

Also looking at the screenshots it looks as if they are going to be cramming allot of material in this game. You have scenes like Guts and Griffiths first encounter with Zood, Schierke casting magic, Guts fighting the trolls up to Guts in the Berserker armor fighting Grunbeld. Really excited for this and certainly pre-ordering this.
Peebs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:50 am Reply with quote
I loved the Zelda version, so of course I have to have this. Plus it's Berserk! Too bad it won't come to Wii U or whatever their next console will be called. I have a Vita but now I realize the screen will be too small to thoroughly enjoy this. Oh well.
SNaGem

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:09 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I wonder if they will bother dubbing it, they don't with One Piece and that has a bigger audience in the west.

Probably not. The anime will probably be dubbed though, and the anime dub is actually really good.
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:18 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

the One Piece games ain't dubbed because they have characters in them FUNimation hasn't cast yet and they don't want to cast people just for the game in case they don't work in the show

they said so when someone asked them at a convetion a few years ago
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:56 am Reply with quote
SageModeKakarot wrote:
MarshalBanana wrote:

the One Piece games ain't dubbed because they have characters in them FUNimation hasn't cast yet and they don't want to cast people just for the game in case they don't work in the show

they said so when someone asked them at a convetion a few years ago

Interesting. I had wondered if there was a reason since the Naruto games are dubbed, but then again, most of the characters there have already been dubbed in earlier episodes of the show, and the exceptions to that tend to be voiced by industry veterans who will probably be available later on, if need be.

I haven't paid much attention to these games for several years now, but Berserk might add enough to it to make it worthwhile for me.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:21 am Reply with quote
>The game has better CGI than the anime.

I admit, I laughed.
Isinfier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:41 am Reply with quote
If they intend to pull footage from the films then they better be pulling parts of the soundtrack as well; I'd kill for a reprieve of Son Cauchemar.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Spoiler:

Half the game happens in a boat.
Bloodgod

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:15 pm Reply with quote
A little strange that they are going with Black Swordsman and beyond for the setting of the game. The Golden Age arc is tailor made for a Dynasty Warriors game.

My friends and I used to create Gutts, Griffith, and Casca in the Dynasty Warriors: Empires games and have our own split screen make-believe Golden Age Berserk game.

So, clearly I'm excited for this game..... and feel like they owe me royalties for the idea Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2