• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kumamiko Creator Remarks on 'Cruel' Comment in Final Episode Script

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reibubba

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:07 pm Reply with quote
[quote="motormind"That said, Yoshio is an asshole. And no, he is really not all that better in the Manga.[/quote]

Yeah, by the end I wanted Hibiki to hospitalise him. Natsu is odd, the last couple of episodes have him doing a heel-turn faster than a WWE wrestler... it just didn't feel right.
Despite a general good run the ending left me sufficiently disturbed/creeped out that the show is best forgotten about.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Wandering Samurai wrote:
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I have to agree that the ending of Kumamiko was utterly disheartening. It's as if the show ended on a cliffhanger.

The disconnect between manga artists and the anime studios never ceases to amaze me. Though I have not read the manga, the ending did seem a little out of place. Almost reminds me how the one studio botched the ending of Fruits Basket. Another victim of anime studio creative liberties.
They didn't "botch" the ending of Fruits Basket. They just ran out of manga material and didn't want to fill with unrelated bollox.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:00 pm Reply with quote
There has already been real life consequences for those last five minutes of the last episode:

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/06/28/bear-attacks-disappointing-anime-ending-causing-concerns-about-japanese-animal-park-event/
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:00 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:

There has already been real life consequences for those last five minutes of the last episode:

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/06/28/bear-attacks-disappointing-anime-ending-causing-concerns-about-japanese-animal-park-event/

Lol, as been mentioned, it's what happens in real life instead of a Hollywood ending, so it seems more this is keeping it real! Laughing
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:02 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Lol, as been mentioned, it's what happens in a bad ending instead of a Hollywood ending, so it seems more this is keeping it real! Laughing

There, corrected it for you, because if life had only bad endings, suicides rates would be a tad higher :-p
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:38 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Lol, as been mentioned, it's what happens in a bad ending instead of a Hollywood ending, so it seems more this is keeping it real! Laughing

There, corrected it for you, because if life had only bad endings, suicides rates would be a tad higher :-p

Ya don't think suicide rates to real life are already high enough? Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4