• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Horrible Girlfriends [2016-06-25]

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:34 am Reply with quote
For the poll, I like gravity falls and all but that show's over so....
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:35 am Reply with quote
Wait Kotonoha makes the cut but her boyfriend does't make the worst boyfriend list?
animefan1238

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:31 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Wait Kotonoha makes the cut but her boyfriend does't make the worst boyfriend list?

Right? I was thinking, "The hell? He is the worst boyfriend on every level." Kotonoha I feel gets a bit of a bad rap. She is in a rich family that live differently than the general population. This causes a different out look on relationships, so when she has someone to like/love and he cheats on her and throws her away like yesterday's newspaper she goes all psycho. Makoto is a jerk who only wants one thing in a relationship.
XerBlade
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:49 am Reply with quote
"What's your favorite currently airing American cartoon? (Choose up to 3)"

None of my top 3 are on the list, and, the way the poll is set up, I can only add ONE at a time using the "Other" at the bottom.

In other words, someone clearly didn't think this through very far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Voted for American Dad, South Park, and Spongebob. That list is a good followup to the discussion we had about cartoons vs. anime production in an answerman thread: there's not really a whole lot to choose from when it comes to cartoons, you either get stuff for kids with winks towards adults, or comedies for adults. But one or two great cartoons from the last few years doesn't displace 3-5 good/great anime I get every single season.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:12 pm Reply with quote
OK, caling Misaki, my waifu, a liar and manipulative, having Kotonoha on the list at all after what Itou-kun does to her and having Saeki-san on the list instead of Nakamura-san crosses a line that should never be crossed. And what about Anna in Shimoneta(although personally I don't see why Tanukichi-kun minds) or that psycho Senjogahara in Bakamonogatari??. Anyway, Misaki is a deeply caring young woman who puts herself down way too much. She just doesn't know how to go about connecting with someone. That's why I accepted the second contract and am in the NHK-Mutual Hostage Society with her (I identify with Tatsuhiro obviously). We're gonna get married someday.

And Kotonoha is a sensitive girl who just wants to be loved but gets hurt in the worst possible way by Itou-kun. She only did what any honorable girlfriend would do if her boyfriend got murdered (well sort of..) and can't be blamed for losing her mind. And Sawa/Saeki would have been great together if Nakamura-san hadn't insisted on "corrupting" Sawa and he was so limp-wristed about it. Honestly, why Senjogahara isn't #2 or #1 on this list and why Japanese guys in polls say she is a great girlfriend I can't fathom. She is constantly threatening Arararagi-kun (I bit my tounge) with things like putting out his eye or killing him in nasty ways and even tries to seduce Hanekawa into a lesbian relationship with her. I also wonder about her "connection" with Kanbaru.
tintor2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:21 pm Reply with quote
The more I hear about Yuno the less I want to watch Mirai Nikki.

Also, I voted for Futurama
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Shion does not want to avenge mio, rather, mio talking about love problems while shion's boyfriend has dissapeared triggers sucha leve of jealousy on her that ends up killing anybody who she thinks was related ot the dissapareance of his boyfriend or the people involved with mio's happiness.
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Misaki Nakahara wasn't that bad(aside from the whole cliff jumping thing) definitely doesn't deserve to be on this list but maybe thats just me.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:22 pm Reply with quote
It must be said about Future Diary, is that Yuki's friends that Yuno kills are not exactly innocents either. Hell, hardly anybody important in the show doesn't have blood on their hands. Even the future bombing victims at Yuno and Yuki's school turn on Yuki just to save there own worthless lives.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:38 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
The more I hear about Yuno the less I want to watch Mirai Nikki.

Also, I voted for Futurama

Yuno = Best Yandere ever! That's the only reason I watched it in the first place; that she's a yandere. She became more appealing to me when she turned out to be crazier and more awesome when I could imagine. And honestly, most characters she kills aren't even sympathetic or very appealing.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:45 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
Shion does not want to avenge mio, rather, Mion talking about love problems while Shion's boyfriend has dissapeared triggers sucha leve of jealousy on her that ends up killing anybody who she thinks was related ot the dissapareance of his boyfriend or the people involved with Mion's happiness.

Not to mention the whole Hinamizawa Syndrome thing.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:47 pm Reply with quote
I feel that Shuffle!'s Fuyō Kaede's description is a bit lacking, since her confession at the end of the show was after spoiler[she had a cathartic release -- that had a lot of crying and angry outbursts]. Her development was a bit lacking overall, and her whole late-show reveal of her past felt forced, but I liked how her story was resolved.

She still "earned" her way unto the List, but I think that she isn't as bad as Higurashi's Sonozaki twins.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:55 pm Reply with quote
My choices are Uncle Grandpa (don't judge, I like UG's group as a whole minus Pizza Steve of course; hasn't had a new epsiode in a while however), Wander Over Yonder and The Amazing World of Gumball (though I'd enjoy this show a lot more if Gumball would stop being so mentally handicapped all the time; he needs to have the crap beaten out of him more whenever he acts stupid).
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Venture Bros., Bob's Burgers, and Mike Tyson Mysteries for me.

Also, a number of the poll choices have already finished their runs and should be taken down.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6