• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sonic the Hedgehog Launches New Project in 2017

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:13 pm Reply with quote
ZetaZaku wrote:
Will it be "better than nothing" or broken beyond repair like the usual Sonic games?

Sonic The Hedgehog 06, Sonic Labyrinth, Sonic The Hedgehog GBA & Rise Of Lyric weren't your usual Sonic games.

Gasero wrote:
Sega has launched several new Sonic projects that disappointed. It is best that they don't make a big party out of any of them until after consumers give their opinions.

You mean the same ones that make the same argument that I mentioned in the above quote and whose criticism they took enough to heart that in 2010 they started the process of delisting (having them pulled from retail shelves) Sonic games that don't get strong scores on metacritic?

Which includes games like Unleashed.
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:57 pm Reply with quote
They've reverted Sonic back to his previous design for this logo. I didn't dislike his new design (it's more or less the same) I just disliked Knuckles's new beefcake look.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:55 pm Reply with quote
If Sonic had time to make fun of MightyNo9 then I hope they have their stuff together to give us a good game. Battle 2 plot with Generations gameplay and graphics. Decent starting point.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:56 pm Reply with quote
With the Sonic Team being in charge of developing this new project, I have bit of hope that the game will be at least of good quality.
gsilver

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I would say that the Sonic Cycle begins again, but I think that people are beyond getting excited about Sonic at this point.

*fires up the old Megadrive and cries while remembering the good times from so long ago*
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Topgunguy wrote:
They've reverted Sonic back to his previous design for this logo. I didn't dislike his new design (it's more or less the same) I just disliked Knuckles's new beefcake look.

The Sonic Boom designs were never going to replace the designs that have been in place since Adventure.
matt78

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:09 pm Reply with quote
I am probably the only one who wouldn't mind an anime based off of the Archie Comics. If done right and handled with care it could end up being a long running series for Sega.
omnistry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:19 am Reply with quote
matt78 wrote:
I am probably the only one who wouldn't mind an anime based off of the Archie Comics. If done right and handled with care it could end up being a long running series for Sega.

You're not. In fact I'd go one step further and have the next video game be based on the Archie Comics. I'd so love to play as Sally or Bunnie if it'd ever be possible.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:25 am Reply with quote
ok, my money is on either Sonic the Freemium mobile game or Sonic the Pachinko machine.
Juno016

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:46 am Reply with quote
Sonic likes to go up and down in terms of quality games (or just popular, fun games in general, even if the quality isn't high). Sonic Adventure1 & 2 were popular and praised, as were some of the GBA games in the Gamecube remakes' era. Then came Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog and those storybook games and Sonic '06. Blegh... (though Sonic '06 is a guilty pleasure of mine, I can't say it was a "good" game either) But Unleashed was a bit better and Colors really hit another sweet spot, straight into nostagia-based Generations, which was also great. We got those classic callback games with Sonic 4 (what happened to that project, anyway?), too. And then... Sonic Lost Worlds and Sonic Boom happened... and... I mean... they were finally getting back on their feet...! Why, all of the sudden...? D:

I think it's about time for another high tide...
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:02 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Topgunguy wrote:

The Sonic Boom designs were never going to replace the designs that have been in place since Adventure.

Oh, thank God almighty!!
Northlander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:05 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
We got those classic callback games with Sonic 4 (what happened to that project, anyway?), too.

I can't speak for the others, but I remember buying it and then really struggling with it because of the simple decision to remove Sonic's inertia when moving. (I.E. when you let go of the controls, Sonic stopped immediately, whether he was jumping or not.) As such, I lost all sense of timing and precision when platforming, especially on the harder parts with the disappearing platforms. That one little change to the gameplay basically literally screwed up the entire game for me. So... needless to say, I didn't buy the next games in the series.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it will be Sonic the Geriatric and he and tails will go around the retirement home collecting prescription pills and defeating orderlies. Final battle will be Helga the head nurse.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully we're finally get a decent Sonic game for the first time in ages however I have my doubts. Confused
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Alrighty, this message is addressed to the particular user (who I shall not name but you know who you are) who wants to keep reporting posts in this thread. You ignore PM's so I have to say this here. You can stop reporting the posts in this thread now. You've reported the same few posts 4 times now. They're not being removed. People can have a different opinion than you and respond to this news with skepticism or downright pessimism if they so choose. Any further reports will be closed immediately without being looked at.

To the rest of the users, please do not respond to this message or comment on it. Just pretend it is not here. Thank you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3