Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight - Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!!




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Stark700



Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Posts: 11031
Location: Earth
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Cool Fate Kaleid. The tradition has been following each year where Summer is the time again but I have to admit that the series getting additional episodes this time will be an interesting element.

Can't wait for this honestly. The animation from the trailers already show s that it's definitely improved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Calsolum



Joined: 11 May 2010
Posts: 484
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I cant wait for this as well, i remember someone posting some of the epic battles that occur in Fate/kaleid liner and im sincerely hoping that the fanservice takes a backseat or is at least toned down in favor of action. The first battle with alter saber vs kuro/illya was and still is one of my favorites.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Suncraft



Joined: 19 Oct 2013
Posts: 43
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm in favour of having as much fan service as possible! I just don't want it to make the plot seem slow. Mahou Shoujo/SoL bits were very welcome as long as they delivered on the action later.

Looking forward to this a lot, and it looks amazing so far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AstroNerdBoy



Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 392
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:55 pm Reply with quote
I can do without the ecchi factor in this part of the FSN franchise, but I am looking forward to the new series. I'm told in the manga, the story is quite good, which makes me happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Catsplay



Joined: 24 Sep 2015
Posts: 145
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:20 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Cool Fate Kaleid. The tradition has been following each year where Summer is the time again but I have to admit that the series getting additional episodes this time will be an interesting element.

Can't wait for this honestly. The animation from the trailers already show s that it's definitely improved.


It seems like they needed the additional episodes since it seems the first episode will be just be about half slice of life and the other half retconning the ending of 2wei. We won't actually reach 3rei content until the 2nd episode.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FenixFiesta



Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 2454
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:04 am Reply with quote
I have some expectations for this show, and if they simply can be met I will be quite glad as a viewer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
meiam



Joined: 23 Jun 2013
Posts: 1678
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:53 pm Reply with quote
This read like its some sort of crossover between fate/stay and mahout shojo Madoka, that can't be a coincidence now can't it (heck her costume is like 90% Madoka costume)?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mangamuscle



Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 1899
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:59 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
This read like its some sort of crossover between fate/stay and mahout shojo Madoka, that can't be a coincidence now can't it (heck her costume is like 90% Madoka costume)?


It would be the other way around, since Madoka is from 2011 and the orignal manga for Prisma Illya is from late 2007. If anything it can be said it is a crossover between FateSN and Card Captor Sakura.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kotelo_



Joined: 10 Sep 2015
Posts: 88
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:53 pm Reply with quote
I hope whoever will be translating this finally fixes a big mistake every official sub and dub that every Fate series have been doing until now: the use of the word "mana" for "魔力" instead of "magical energy".

Mana means another thing in the nasuverse, and it's fundamental for 3rei's story.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FilthyCasual



Joined: 01 Jun 2015
Posts: 883
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:29 pm Reply with quote
kotelo_ wrote:
I hope whoever will be translating this finally fixes a big mistake every official sub and dub that every Fate series have been doing until now: the use of the word "mana" for "魔力" instead of "magical energy".

Mana means another thing in the nasuverse, and it's fundamental for 3rei's story.

Somehow I don't think that they'll care about mana, prana, od, magical energy and so on.

They'll probably just go spoiler["The planet's out of mana, so magi can only use the mana inside of them" or something.]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kotelo_



Joined: 10 Sep 2015
Posts: 88
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:00 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Somehow I don't think that they'll care about mana, prana, od, magical energy and so on.

They'll probably just go spoiler["The planet's out of mana, so magi can only use the mana inside of them" or something.]


If they fix the "mana" mistranslation issue, they must also fix the "mage" issue. For example, everybody in stay night are magi, not mages/magicians. And they don't use "magic", they use magecraft/sorcery, because magic is on a complete different level.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FilthyCasual



Joined: 01 Jun 2015
Posts: 883
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:22 pm Reply with quote
kotelo_ wrote:
If they fix the "mana" mistranslation issue, they must also fix the "mage" issue. For example, everybody in stay night are magi, not mages/magicians. And they don't use "magic", they use magecraft/sorcery, because magic is on a complete different level.

What did Aniplex/Crunchyroll use for their subs of UBW again?

Whatever they did is pretty much official, given that the recent UBW anime is the most recent localization we've had of a Fate work (at least, until 3rei and Extella come out).

Disagree with it all you like, but unlike the minimage things, all those majutsus and mahous and so on don't have a clearly cut right and wrong. Whatever the localizers go with is technically correct.






even if it's not right
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Catsplay



Joined: 24 Sep 2015
Posts: 145
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:06 am Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
kotelo_ wrote:
If they fix the "mana" mistranslation issue, they must also fix the "mage" issue. For example, everybody in stay night are magi, not mages/magicians. And they don't use "magic", they use magecraft/sorcery, because magic is on a complete different level.

What did Aniplex/Crunchyroll use for their subs of UBW again?

Whatever they did is pretty much official, given that the recent UBW anime is the most recent localization we've had of a Fate work (at least, until 3rei and Extella come out).

Disagree with it all you like, but unlike the minimage things, all those majutsus and mahous and so on don't have a clearly cut right and wrong. Whatever the localizers go with is technically correct.






even if it's not right


Actually that's incorrect. 2wei Herz is more recent than Unlimited Blade Works.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FilthyCasual



Joined: 01 Jun 2015
Posts: 883
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Then whatever 2wei Herz used, then/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group