• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Game! (TV). (Season 1& 2)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I find it pretty funny when the girls when messing around with the AC at the workplace. During hot summer days, I mess with it too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:30 am Reply with quote
I am pretty sure a lot of people would notice an office going up an entire 4 degrees, and then putting it up to 30c. Although I guess that I am in the camp of people who like it a little warmer.

A little thing, but at the end I noticed that you can see the hedgehog's but.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:42 am Reply with quote
When I was reading the manga I never really noticed how busty Hajime is. The anime seems to be going out of its way to make sure no one misses that Laughing
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:15 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
A little thing, but at the end I noticed that you can see the hedgehog's but.

Isn't it just a bellybutton?

Aoba was super adorable when she brought the drink for Hajime. "Boo!" So cute! *_*
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:04 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I find it pretty funny when the girls when messing around with the AC at the workplace. During hot summer days, I mess with it too.
When I worked nights, our place did have a minor war over the AC: day and evening shifts like it colder, while night shift was just fine turning the damn thing off(there was a way to adjust it, but nobody on night shift remembered what it was). Eventually they locked it in one of those AC traps, leaving all of us to cover up to stay comfortable(I was bringing in a hoodie in hundred degree weather just to deal with it).
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Nice episode, they balanced the workplace environment and job for Aoba with her free time well. I think they did a good job with the other characters too although Aoba was the most prominent one on her break.

The joke about the character design was pretty obvious. Too bad Sophie will die.

Seriously though, Aoba's childhood friend looks like a kid lol..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:49 am Reply with quote
They snuck in a little Attack on Titan reference. I think at this point it does have to be clarified that rather than an anime about the industry, it really feels like one about working in the office, where the milestones are more about the experiences she has working rather than just the creative milestones she is having. The little bit about her being oblivious that she was working a character that was essentially herself was pretty funny.

This has been bugging me for a while, but whenever I hear the OP I think of the one from School Live.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:52 am Reply with quote
Best joke was Aoba becoming like her father. There have been many times where I've had to restrain myself from saying "I had a long day at work so why should I wash the dishes?" or something similar.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Good episode this week, I liked both segments ..especially the one with the Ahagon and the airsoft gun duel. She must really have a problem with other saying her last name huh?

Meanwhile, I also found the health checkup segment to be amusing. Really hope Ahagon stay relevant in this series. She's quite a funny girl imo.
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:20 am Reply with quote
I liked the nervous nurse. I wouldn't want to be treated by her, but it's fun to watch! Plus she's cute.

Those insert pics are fantastic! Shipping intensifies. Laughing Those two look good together, spoiler[such lewd hand-holding. Are they pregnant now?], but Ko x Rin still my OTP
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:56 am Reply with quote
Umiko offered a bit of a nice change of pace. A no nonsense programmer who sees to dislike the designers for a lack of consideration for he department, but after dealing with Aoba seems to have a switch flipped and gets quite attached to her and goes on about her own interests. Little surprised that Aoba would be confused about what an FPS is. The episode was kind of putting me in a good mood in that it is okay to embrace your interest as an adult, sort of way.

I.... don't do too well with needles. I have been on the receiving end of unable to get a vein, thing.

Kou and Rin are totally a couple. Okay, maybe not actual thing, but they are practically together.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:48 am Reply with quote
Yuri Fan wrote:
but Ko x Rin still my OTP

DuskyPredator wrote:
Kou and Rin are totally a couple. Okay, maybe not actual thing, but they are practically together.

I do appreciate how they appear to be treating Rin's feelings a bit more seriously rather than just being empty yuri bait. Reminds me of Aya from Kiniro Mosaic.

Are company physicals a normal thing? Or just in Japan? The furthest my company goes in regards to employee health is to hold the occasional meeting and encourage those of us with benefits to be healthier so our insurance premium doesn't go up higher.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:01 am Reply with quote
@Vaisaga

Our office provided annual flu shots. Also a brief health review was part of qualifying for a Federal drivers license. People who worked directly with the public were tested for TB every year as well. That was about it.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:57 am Reply with quote
I'm curious to know if Aoba actually knows what a barium enema really is!
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Ah this episode was fun. The only part that irritated me is Nene's voice. She seriously sounds like a little kid. Not only that, her nervousness really felt annoying at times. At least Aoba was there.

Also, being a part timer, she should be more careful at what to take especially pudding that doesn't belong to her. I liked the comedy though in particular with the amount of realism about the episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5