• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Lion Voltron/Beast King GoLion Figure Listed From Soul of Chogokin

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sobe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Season 2 please. I know Netflix's whole stock and price hike isn't helping but DREAMWORKS! COME ON! YOU'VE GOT A WINNER ON YOUR HANDS! Don't let us down just when it was ALWAYS good ALL season 1 with Legendary Defender..
jeromeskee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:47 am Reply with quote
This is the most AWESOME Voltron toy EVER. Soul of Chogokin NEVER disappoints. #WANT Shocked
Sakurie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:02 am Reply with quote
Man would so pre order this if it wasn't like $250-270 AUD 0.o I mean I love Voltron but mmmmm.....
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:03 am Reply with quote
It looks exactly like the die-cast Voltron toys from the early 80s. Except this new version has greater range of mobility (the original was limited to to a single axis) and includes the various weapons seen in the series.

My childhood-self would be very envious. Razz
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:45 am Reply with quote
I'm no fan of Voltron, but that figure of Beast King GoLion and the five lions that compose it look beastly awesome! Smile
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:58 am Reply with quote
Oh this is so niiiiiiiice!!! I remember the old one that was released back in the 80's. I hope this one is got the same quality make as that one. Funny thing was that some people used to complain about their old ones getting loose. Yeah, when you're constantly transforming it back and forth that does tend to happen. But it was a solid figure made of die cast metal.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:31 pm Reply with quote
I just wish it wasn't being sold in December. Maybe the Bluefin release will be easier to find later.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Guile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Sobe wrote:
Season 2 please. I know Netflix's whole stock and price hike isn't helping but DREAMWORKS! COME ON! YOU'VE GOT A WINNER ON YOUR HANDS! Don't let us down just when it was ALWAYS good ALL season 1 with Legendary Defender..

This doesn't have anything to do with that American cartoon, it's for the original true GoLion.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:42 am Reply with quote
Murder, She wrote:

Earlier this month, Tamashii Nations and Bandai released a teaser poster promising an official announcement at Comic-Con International. The convention will take place this weekend, July 21-24.

Guess they're trying to capitalize on the resurgence of Voltron.
GoLion is pretty much forgotten in Japan, but still well-remembered in the West.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1